forget the power... what happens when the pills run out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandpaDave, Nov 1, 2011.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Biomass?:oops:

Falcon15 likes this.
  2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

When they rot, dead bodies stink and are full of germs. LOL

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Feed the pigs?

MMmm. Bacon.

Capt. Tyree, Falcon15 and Sapper John like this.
  4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

And make sure you keep up with your Tetanus Shots....I think it's one every ten years? So we wouldn't get lockjaw, one less thing to worry about at any rate.

5. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Try this place - I get all my antibiotics from it. They also have some other great stuff. the aloe gel works wonders for skin tears / cracks

www.calvetsupply.com

6. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Im not worried about the suicidal thats a self solving problem. Its the homicidal that we must prepare for. Once it breaks down the bottom feeders will rob the pharmacies and go on a week long high when they come down most will be mentally unstable in some form. They wont be rational and for some reason people think they need to help them. Over coming your human nature and taking them out is the solution for those who have the ability. The other will invite a snake into their homes.

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

People needing meds...whether they be for physical issues or mental ones...are going to be limitted to the time for which they have stockpiled those meds. Just like any other prep.

I take take 3 different medications daily just to keep my heart beating regularly and at a speed it can handle. When those medications are gone, I may be able to survive for a month or two if I am careful (and it will most likely be impossible to be that careful). Over time, I have built about a 6 month "cushion" of meds...I receive the drugs in 90 day supplies, so just after receiving them, it is more like a 9 month cushion. Interestingly, I also take an antidepressant...not because of depression (I am about the least depressed or deppressive person you will meet)...because it overcomes the side efect of one of my heart medications that tends to make one a bit stupid.

One method I have used to stockpile the needed drugs is to continue to cite symptoms at the dosage where the symptoms are actually relieved and continue taking that dosage when the prescription is increased. I aso cut the dosage I take in half at times when I am not going to be doing much in the way of physical activity.

Those with physical (or mental) ailments that would have prevented our survival before modern medications were developed are going to be time limitted to the availability of those medications...that's life and it is just something that must be dealt with. As a result, a good part of my preps are designed to assure the survival of my family without my presence in long term situations. The situation certainly does not mean I don't bother with preps...I just prep a little differently than some others and it adds importance to my family-based MAG.

(y)

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

go check out this CNN Vid... This is what they did with the 10,000+ bodies they had after the Haiti Earthquake Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

9. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

keep in mind... it wasn't that long ago that we still had insane asylums... almost a draconian period in mental health care, with involuntary incarceration, barbaric and ineffective treatments, and abuse of patients.

Can you say electroshock and people kept tied to their bed 24/7

What changed was modern meds... without those meds... were right back to how it was... keeping old crazy uncle Joe Tied to his bed while he suffers with bouts of dementia... It wont be pretty

10. jasonl6

jasonl6 Monkey+++

Will make a nice spot to grow a garden in a few years.

I have a backhoe and a small 1010 John Deere dozer. If i have loved ones die i will bury them in a marked grave all others will be loaded into a hole and limed down.

Jason

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

That'll fix 'er
    [booze]

Falcon15 and Capt. Tyree like this.
  12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Who knows some of these folks might even get better with out the meds...

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Simple answer: many people will die.
    Some may be in my own family or friends....
    It is what it is. It may even be myself!

Falcon15 likes this.
  14. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

I worry for my wife in this regards. She has epilepsy and without her medication, life would become very, very difficult for us. I also run a forum community for people living with epilepsy. So many people dependent upon their meds just to function normally through the day. I really can't stand to think about the enormous suffering that might be coming.

15. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

You have to think about the enormous suffering, and deal with it while the world is still somewhat sane. Hence the existence of the Monkey. We pray for the best, but prepare for the worst. Prepare now. Be ready. What is her instance of Petite Mal or Gran Mal seizure off of medications? Diet has been shown to affect seizure frequency profoundly. There may possibly come a time where a day without a seizure is a great day.

Have you investigated the gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free/corn-free diets? Apparently there is a very high reduction in seizure instances removing those substances from your diet. Check G.A.R.D. diet, and Paleo diet. I swear by Paleo. My son had severe, life threatening allergies for the first 2 years of his life. We switched to a Paleo diet, and within 6 months he was allergy free. Even now, years later, he is completely allergy free. Studies have been done into the efficacy of these diets, and the impact on your overall health. I hope any information I have given helps.

jasonl6 and pmbug like this.
  16. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

Believe me, we've been trying everything we can think of over the last decade to eliminate her depedence on a pill (including diets, vitamin supplements, progesterone and neurofeedback). We even achieved success for 4 years there (no seizures and no drugs). Unfortunately, her system went off the rails after delivering our first child and we've never been able to get her back to that holy grail equilibrium since. It's a long story - far too long to share here, but if you are interested, I can PM you a link or two where you can read most of the gory details.

17. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I am well aware of the hormonal and chemical changes a woman's body undergoes before, during, and after childbirth. I have 3 of them ;) and my wife's inner workings changed with each one.

Pax Mentis and VisuTrac like this.
  18. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have epilepsy as well, and as mentioned earlier, am researching herbalism, so I'd caution you and your wife to be careful with sage. It has a substance called thujone in it, which, if you wanna be simplistic about it, is basically a neurotoxin and can cause seizures. I've not been able to find out how much thujone will cause issues, and how much is in sage, but thujone is apparently the substance in the wormwood plant that gives absinthe alcohol it's "kick".

19. Gunny Highway

good feedback regarding a zero carb diet ( Ketogenic ) and control of seizures - google it

20. Gunny Highway

Well like I said this place is great for getting the stuff you need when infection sets in. For regular meds it is a catch 22 - you can probably get the stuff you need in Mexico but can you trust it is the real stuff ? I have a friend who brings me stuff from the Phillipines either way you are taking a chance

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7