1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 30 June or be extended if needed.

Format C: Y or N....... Here I go :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Well after almost 9 years of using Windows 98, I'm finally going to switch to XP. I've been backing everything up and preparing, and was going to do it yesterday but I chickened out at the format C prompt :)

It's kinda like moving out of an old house after living in it so many years, but all things come to an end.

So after I post this, I'm taking the plunge. If I'm not seen for a while, you'll know that things went badly.

Wish me luck.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good Luck!!!

I just had to reformat everything last week...or was it early this week? ;)

See you later....hopefully! :)

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Woohoo back online

Not too bad.... next morning and back online. Not near the hassle I thought I'd be in for :)

I'm liking this XP stuff.... although it's not the standard XP ;)

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome back. (Now you can look forward to Vista --);)

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

LOL I didnt have the heart to tell him.

7. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Vista........ I refuse!!!!!

I kept 98 for nearly 9 years, I'm gonna try and skip Vista altogether if I can. The integrated "digital rights management" scares the hell outa me!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7