Former US defense official: We know UFOs are real

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bandit99, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, this was interesting and a bit disconcerting at the same time this morning - I mean - I started to believe in UFOs when I was old enough to do the math but it appears the sightings are becoming more and more frequent, 'near-daily interactions with unidentified flying objects by Navy pilots in 2014 and 2015' and it's as if they don't care if they are sighted or not now. Since the internet, it is pretty hard to play down these sightings especially when they occur to thousands of professionals like military and civilian pilots. So, where does that leave us... Anyway, I find this topic interesting if for no other reason than it's a Wild Card that could be played determining humanity's future...for good or bad.

Former US defense official: We know UFOs are real - here's why that's concerning

DKR, Meat, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

sec_monkey, Meat, Yard Dart and 5 others like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Just what we need , more illegal immigrants ,,,

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I Saw my first UFO about 2 years ago, was pretty crazy and I now believe 100%
    Never thought we were alone or that there couldn't be, but I also didn't want to be taken for a kook for seeing something that could be explained as something normal. What i actually saw convinced me that it couldn't be anything else!

What looked like it might have been a Conventional aircraft moving toward me at very high speed at about 15000 feet above ground, suddenly did a 180 and stopped after a second or two. a few more seconds, it looked like it "Fired" a pair of weapons, that appeared to speed up and then slow down, and as close as it was ( or appeared to be), there was no noise, no flash of a hit on any thing, and after a few more seconds, the UFO quickly accelerated back the way it had come! I stood there dumb struck asking my self if I had really just seen what I had, and trying to come up with a rational explanation of this event! Being in the Aviation business my entire life, I could not explain the sudden deceleration from extremely high speed, the high speed turn, and then basically a full stop, no winged aircraft could do that, the "G" forces alone would kill a pilot, so that all left me with a real no shit, honest to god UFO!

mysterymet, Brokor, arleigh and 11 others like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Friend of mine swears they are actually.....ours!

Ganado, sec_monkey, Meat and 6 others like this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Of course UFOs are real!
    ANY flying object that is not identified, be it a kite, weather balloon, super secret spy plane or extraterrestrial vehicle, falls into this category.
    It does NOT however, mean that the item is from "out there."

3cyl, Byte, sec_monkey and 8 others like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have not seen anything my self positively unexplainable thus far. Aside from the sky lighting up green almost bright as day one night back in November 2012 I think but I blame natural phenomenon.
    Easy, remove the pilot.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Zimmy, sec_monkey, Meat and 6 others like this.
  8. Bandit99

LOL! Now that is funny! LOL!!!

@Ura-Ki I can't say that I ever saw one but there is just too many sightings, especially by aviation professionals like yourself, that helped convinced me, that and simply doing the math on how stars (suns) are in the sky one can see just with the naked eye alone, odds are there is something else out there so...so why not?

@oil pan 4 "Easy, remove the pilot."
    Yep! Future fighter aircraft will be drones whether pilots (who will fight tooth and nail against it) like it or not, definitely in the cards. However, these sightings are all over the planet and even the SR-71 couldn't reach speeds like these things...I just find it hard to believe our technology has come this far given some of the aerobatics these things can do.

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Too many UFOs for me, never seen one.

sec_monkey, Meat, Gator 45/70 and 7 others like this.
  10. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

First, if you have ever seen a UFO, never say you "believe" in them.
    That's a word that implies that the subject is a matter of faith, not knowledge.
    Like "I believe in Santa Claus ." You could be right or wrong, but your faith is sufficient unto itself.

You would never say you "believe"in automobiles, once you have seen one.
    Belief would not be an issue: You'd KNOW that automobiles are real.

I don't believe that teenagers are real. I know they're real: I've seen them, fed them, taken care of them--and I have the bite marks to prove it.

That being said, since about 1931 there has been an official government policy to deny, debunk, and discredit the entire subject of UFOs. Our government has silenced witnesses through intimidation and violence, and murdered outright many that refused to be silenced.

That's just the way it was. Don't ever expect them to admit it or apologize.

There were "good" reasons for that, at the time. Our government feared (rightly) that there would be mass hysteria if the public discovered that those bug-eyed aliens from Mars that ate women were real.

In the 50's the public was ignorant to the bone. Markets would have crashed. Religions would have foundered. Governments would have toppled like dominoes and Chaos would have exploded across the world.

The government also feared that the interaction of our culture with the much more advanced alien cultures would put us in the same position the local natives were when the Spanish landed in the New World.

Worse yet was the possibility that humans might abandon their roots entirely and go alien in a big way, or that we might be reduced to a world full of Cargo Cultists. (Look it up.)

What's actually real is much worse. Fortunately for us, only about 15% of the thousands of alien races consider us to be a direct food source. Oh, lucky we.

We have have had diplomatic relationships with several alien races since before Roswell. We have treaties in place--treaties that we are powerless to enforce.

See: Not so different from the Indians, already.

Since about 1992, the governments of the world have been allowing the population to gradually get acclimatized to the idea that the aliens are real.

That's because they no longer have a choice. They simply cannot keep a lid on it anymore.

Blame the Internet.

Unfortunately, a three-sided interstellar war has been raging for several million years, and our star system is in the combat zone.

Were involved, whether we like it or not.

Various aliens are working with various terrestrial governments for their own purposes. You can read that as calling the shots on a lot of things. Our governments are puppets to a very great degree.

WWII was a small skirmish on this planet to decide which group of the three would achieve/maintain dominance here. For a while, anyway.

This whole subject is a fractal rabbit-hole. It's not only more complicated that you can imagine, it's more complicated than you could possibly comprehend. (Or me, for that matter.)

I'll tease you with this one little fact: The Age of Dinosaurs was a laboratory experiment conducted by one (1) alien. The asteroid impact at Chicxulub was this guy's way of washing out his petri dishes.

Call it a 250-million-year-long Science Project. Some of these guys do not die.

Take the Red Pill, or take the Blue pill. Either way, it doesn't matter. Choose the sweet untroubled bliss of total ignorance, or risk the endless unease of being forever only partially ignorant.

The Truth is out there. Unfortunately, it is also right behind you.

Zimmy, Brokor, Meat and 7 others like this.
  11. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

The world's militaries took note of these craft in WWII, and began to investigate. Secrecy has shrouded these investigations and continues to do so. We are in the disclosure phase, as too many people now are aware of this phenomena, and we will be spoon fed what they want us to know so we will react in a fashion that they desire. This could run the gamut from "They are the enemy" to "They are our allies". Personally I think these craft and their operators bode us ill will.

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If we had anything they wanted they would already have taken it. Probably just making sure we a-holes keep ourselves confined to just one planet. Maybe they are just filming us as part of an intergalactic Mutual of Klyborgnaraglitikq 2 Wild Kingdom?

sec_monkey, Meat, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  13. Bandit99

@UncleMorgan It would certainly explain many things in our planet's and even mankind's history.

@Oltymer "Personally I think these craft and their operators bode us ill will."
    I don't think there is enough information to determine either way but being a pessimist...I'd rather not find out the hard way by ending up in an ET's stewpot. LOL!

Meat, Gator 45/70, Oltymer and 3 others like this.
  14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Figure what is our relatinship with animals on our planet? We are volent and meat eaters. Odds are the top of the food-chain on other planets will be the same. Either than or the whole European vs indian thing... These aren’t going to be Vulans from Star Trek.

Bandit99, sec_monkey, Meat and 6 others like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If they are real , which I have no doubt , but also have no proof ,,, if they decide to take what we have , I don't think we have anything to stop them . Fight as hard as you may , but you may still need to just throw your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye .

mysterymet, Bandit99, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Coolest topic ever. I’m almost a believer. :D

17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That would be a long, long way to go for meat you could probably synthesize much easier, assuming they can consume what we are made of and that we are not poisonous.

Research? Maybe.

Maybe we are another Guam, Midway, or Diego Garcia? Effective space travel between solar systems wouldn't be practical with "point and shoot" technology. Even at the speed of light it's a no go, so IF we are getting visitors they are doing something much differently than that. Perhaps our solar system is some sort of gateway and Earth is some sort of galactic rest area complete with vending machines and fuel.

Dunno. I've seen strange things, but nothing conclusive as others have said above. I don't doubt them. What is interesting is that the sightings usually describe things far outside the limitations of what we understand to be physics. I have my own unproven theories that I guarantee would make even the nuttiest little green men fanatic think I was nuts. It even wiggle fits into @UncleMorgan 's post above.

Ura-Ki, Bandit99, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  18. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I think anything is possible.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  19. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Just for giggles & grinz, jump on YouTube and watch a few of the videos by Linda Moulton Howe.

20. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I was at a walk-in clinic years ago and the medical assistant looked familiar. I said “Wait a second. You’re on the show Sightings.” She was a crop circle expert. She had a strange name that I can’t remember. I loved that show. :D

Ganado, mysterymet, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  1. Big Ron
  2. Bandit99
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Legion489
  5. DarkLight
  6. enloopious
  7. duane
  8. Katana Lee
  9. UncleMorgan
  10. Brokor
  11. Brokor
  12. Brokor