Forum Editors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Jul 5, 2014.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

In the interest of always trying to preserve our information and make it searchable in the future, we've begun editing vague thread titles to better describe the thread. I already know of a few at SM that are interested in this (we've seen the reported threads).

We're looking for a few regulars that might be interested in helping edit / cleanup threads at SM. These would not be Moderator positions but would allow editing of thread titles to be more descriptive of the thread contents. Post edits for typos and spelling errors may also be allowed.

Example of bad thread title:
    OMG!! Breaking news........ - so bad -hope your safe!!!!!!!!

Revised title:
    OMG - Mudslide in Washington State buries entire town - hope our NW monkeys are safe!

Editors would also be able to clean up any of our old, pre XF migration posts which still contain <FONT><Table> type code gibberish which may still be leftover from our software change.

Please message if you'd be interested in helping us out.

We'll provide a full tutorial on how and when to perform edits and may also provide a private forum for editor discussion. These are positions of great trust and anyone interested will need to demonstrate commitment and impartiality.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Remember, it's a privilege to be an editor...not a right. ;)

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I really thought I had posted a reply here. We're pleased to announce (and you've probably already noticed) that @Brokor and @Yard Dart have stepped up and agreed to help with these tasks.

Thanks guys!

Byte, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7