Found another shotgun for Christmas.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Latched on to a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge at my favorite pawnshop. It's on lay a way and should get it about mid January. Also has a 601 in 20 that should be coming home with me as well.

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's always good when you can find a good home for neglected arms ,,,,:D

3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Glad to see you got one, nice gun. Makes a good deer gun with the Federal slugs, write up at NRA site gave the 20 gauge Federal slug about 1800 fps at the muzzle and still about 1200 foot pounds at 100 yards. Somehow a shotgun doesn't seem to frighten people as much as one of those black army rifles. As I get older, I like the lower recoil of the 20 gauge and with bird shot, turkey loads, buck shot and slugs, it is a very handy weapon. Wife will shoot 20, will not shoot 12 ga, that alone makes it a winner for me.

4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

12 ga with 00 buck is great for two legged predators or animals rearing up on the back legs 20 ga / 16 ga great for small game I hunt all the time with an old Ithica 16 ga well for the past 40 + years

5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Got a good look at the other shotgun while making a payment on the 500. It's a 600CT in 20 guage. Basically it's a 500 sold through chain stores. When the 500 comes out the 600 goes on lay a way next!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7