Found me a snack

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Bishop, Jun 1, 2019.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Dang, I was hoping it would make my hair nice and glossy.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tail and mane baby!

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I have to take a pic of the stuff my wife feeds her "Special" Dog sometime. The stuff looks better than what she gets me to eat!

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

There are plenty of recipe books for preparing haute cuisine for cats and dogs....10 Best Gourmet Dog Food Recipes for a Healthy Dog some even look good enough to eat.

Some dogs have a taste for human flesh...though it is a delicacy that they try at their own risk. :eek: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-owner-woods-put-down-virginia-a8119331.html

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  5. This isn't about doggy snacks, but in the depth of the cold war( mid "60's) Uncle Sam sent out a request for arctic rations that didn't require heating for G.I.s that might have to fight in REALLY cold weather. A company with a local facility (Ralston-Purina) offered their submission. They already had a product that met the requirements. They simply diverted Monkey chow from the last fat coating. I was told R-P got the contract.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ralston Purina (originally Ralston-Purina) traces its roots to 1894, when founder William H. Danforth established the animal feed company Purina Mills. Danforth, partnered with George Robinson and William Andrews, entered the business of feeding farm animals by founding the Robinson-Danforth Commission Company. Its predominant brand for each animal was generally referred to as "Chow"; hence "Purina Horse Chow", "Purina Dog Chow", "Purina Cat Chow", "Purina Rabbit Chow", "Purina Pig Chow", and "Purina Monkey Chow".

Later, the company began producing cereal, which received endorsement by Webster Edgerly, founder of Ralstonism, to market Ralston breakfast cereals. Edgerly was at the time promoting the consumption of whole-grain cereal. These cereals became so successful that the name of the enterprise was changed in 1902 to the Ralston-Purina Company.[2][3]

In 1986, Ralston Purina sold Purina Mills, its US animal feed business, to British Petroleum. Purina Mills is now owned by Land O'Lakes. In 1994, the Ralston "human food" operations of the Ralston Purina Company were spun off into a new company called Ralcorp Holdings. In 1998, Ralston Purina spun off its international animal feed business as Agribrands, which was acquired by Cargill in 2001.[4] The animal feed businesses continue to use the Purina and Chow brands, which Purina Mills and Cargill license for use in the US and internationally, respectively.

I remember the breakfast cereals....as a kidddo.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

8. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

If it matters, Cargill was on point for food safety when I worked for them. Everyone was HACCP certified and about 20% of us were HACCP Inspector Certified. They didn't cut corners on training or oversight.

9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My son just tried the dog treats I brought home. They don’t even say they’re human grade but he ate one anyways. He said they didn’t taste as good as they described on the package.
    954C5662-2068-4BC5-999E-6A55E7212A1F.

Bishop, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Lol they never do.

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  11. SoaySheep

SoaySheep Monkey

It's gotten to the point that USA Made may only refer to the bag

Zimmy and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7