France paying the price for liberal open borders policies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

France, Great Britain, Germany, most European countries have had a very liberal open border policy for years. Taking in tens of thousands of "refugees". Mostly from middle eastern countries. Now they are seeing the consequences of thier "humanitarian" policies.
    Is this a warning to the US?

France Deploys 45,000 Police on Fifth Night of Nationwide Riots France Deploys 45,000 Police on Fifth Night of Nationwide Riots

duane, jim2, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Of course. The problem is the morons in positions of power (and the lemmings that follow them) will not heed the warnings.

Kamp Krap, duane, jim2 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
    We warned them it was a bad idea. A nation with open borders soon isn't a nation.

Stingray, SB21, Kamp Krap and 3 others like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

And the USA is right behind Europe with our illegal invasion across our border.

SB21, Kamp Krap, duane and 4 others like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

France, at least, is paying the price for their great-grandfathers and grandfathers colonial empire. Most of the original muzzies were from Algeria. Went downhill from there.

France is lost.

SB21, Kamp Krap, duane and 2 others like this.
  6. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I was stationed in W Germany back in 67’ to 78’. There were plenty of mostly Turks coming in then and I heard some Germans complaining about it. Some guy told me “They are only doing the jobs that Germans don’t want to do (Heard this before?) just like Hispanics in the US. I told them that the legal and illegal migrants were severely depressing wages and sending a lot of money out of the country and that this was not a good thing. I got told that I didn’t know what I was talking about or was a liar.

Jim

Zimmy, Bandit99, Capt. Tyree and 5 others like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I see that up here also @jim2
    Hispanics and jamaican gents work on the farm as farm labour, Can't get folks to work , and if you do they are pulling weeds for the town @ 30-35$/hr...
    Thats why my taxes are so high.
    S

Zimmy, SB21, Kamp Krap and 2 others like this.
  8. Tjb61

Tjb61 Monkey

I was stationed in West Germany back in the 80s in the army. I currently live in Florida and have met a large amount of Germans that live here now. A one couple I was talking to from Germany had asked me if I had ever gone back there? I told them no I have not but I would like to. They flat out told me don't bother. They said Germany is not the same anymore it is a terrible place with all the immigrants.

duane and Seawolf1090 like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

People just don't want to hear what they don't wat to hear!

jim2, SB21 and Kamp Krap like this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

France is going thru what we will be seeing soon I suspect.
    Only an idiot didn't think this open border crap was a good idea.

jim2 likes this.
  11. Minuteman

img-8f06dcc3.

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and johnbb like this.
  12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Duh.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I remember as an Army dependent back in the 60s and 70s when many of then still active duty WW2 vets had brought home German & Japanese wives. Their children were my school classmates and were among the best students in academics and athletics---true high achievers, who later became excellent citizens as adults.

Now we have Germans, and other Europeans moving to the USA in order to flee the "barbarian hordes" that elitist European leaders have allowed into their homelands. I am hopeful they, too, will be excellent citizens who will pay their taxes and assimilate into our traditional American culture (which is a unique combination of mostly European values).

My big concern is that we natural born US citizens have nowhere to GO when the illegal "barbarians" from the southern border (funneling in from all Third World countries) start raising hell like we are seeing in France right now. It is no trite thing to say that the USA is our "last best stand" for being the "Hill" we die upon, or gain victory from atop.

It seems a key illegal foreign population percent tipping point is around 5 to 10 percent before the troublemakers start "using our legal system" to destroy the culture that formed the legal system. Law and Order breaks down through lack of trust in the System. We are seeing that lack of trust pervade our society right now to a degree never before experienced in this country. I suspect we are long past the illegal population tipping point, and are now awaiting a societal triggering event.

SB21, jim2, johnbb and 2 others like this.
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It's fine. We have plenty of land and people with shovels.
    Not likely that the police are going to have to do all the work.
    Well, they will have a harder time dealing with it in the cities but out in the hinterland ... things will probably be handled differently.
    Just a guess.

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and Mountainman like this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think these problems are easily solved but admit, maybe I'm being naive. The problem is 'toleration.' We think we have to tolerate this happening to be civil, fair and just. We don't. For example, let it be known that they will be shot if found crossing the border illegally, shot on sight, and this will stop immediately. Yes, you might have to shoot a few, maybe a few hundred but they will stop. They come because they truly don't have anything to lose - I mean - what is going to happen to them? They will get fed, get a bed, released and told to show up for a trial date in a year if they want. You don't see people sneaking illegally into Russia do you? At the best, they are sent to prison, and their prisons are hell holes, at the worse they are sent to a hole in the ground and no one cares about toleration.

You will tell me this type of conduct is wrong. I agree. However, sometimes bad things must be done to prevent worse things. Our forefathers had to do some horrid things to gain and keep peace. What about 'violence creates violence'? Not always, sometimes it stops it, prevents it. Actually, it doesn't matter because either you do it now or you will be forced to do it later, but it is 'tolerance' that caused the problem.

Tolerance like anything must be in moderation and there must be a level at which it stops for as long as you tolerate this type of conduct the longer it will continue and eventually get worse...which it has.

jim2, Capt. Tyree and apache235 like this.
  16. Minuteman

I buy my cigars from a guy who has connections with a lot of the big name makers. Especially the Fuente family. He has $30k on backorder. They are telling him that since Biden opened the border, not just a few, but thousands of thier employees, rollers, growers, packagers etc have all left to come to America.
    They are training new people as fast as they can but cannot keep up with demand.

SB21, jim2 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  17. Seawolf1090

The Europens are beginning to feel something akin to what the Native Americans felt when the white colonization began. We know how that worked out.

SB21 and jim2 like this.
  18. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

I like that the Survival Monkey forum speaks to the diverse ways in which we interpret what it means to survive. It's not just about surviving an apocalyptic collapse of our country or the world. Survival is a day-to-day mindset and response (as opposed to knee jerk reactions) to personal, local, national and global situations like the one in France. Ditto for people crossing illegally into the U.S. I was once okay with illegals coming here as long as they made an effort to "pay their taxes and assimilate into our traditional American culture." Which, in my opinion, included speaking English. Now I'm not so sure if even assimilation makes it okay. Especially when the news I read implies that Biden and his supporters are doing everything they can to make it easy for people to immigrate here to make it more likely he'll get more votes in the next presidential election.

jim2 and Bandit99 like this.
  19. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Ask yourself this - What is the difference between the Goths and Visigoths?

A - not much
    "Cassiodorus used the term "Goths" to refer to only the Ostrogoths, whom he served, and reserved the geographic reference "Visigoths" for the Gallo-Spanish Goths. The term "Visigoths" was later used by the Visigoths themselves in their communications with the Byzantine Empire, and was still in use in the 7th century."

More of interest today -
    "The Visigoths were a new Gothic political unit brought together during the career of their first leader, Alaric I. Following a major settlement of Goths in the Balkans made by Theodosius in 382, Goths received prominent positions in the Roman army. Relations with Roman civilians were sometimes uneasy."

Starting to sound all too familiar?

jim2 and Bandit99 like this.
  20. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am actually considering bringing my niece from Central Asia here via the open border. Why? Because we have tried 8X times to obtain a Green card legally. She is a daughter to me and being the naive, dumbass Yankee, thinking our country was based on justice and logic, I sent her to a special school, an American University to obtain a degree from an American university, an engineering degree in great demand here, Computer Science. She studied and became fluent in English. Yet, she is not allowed to immigrate even though her uncle (yours truly) would handle all associated costs, costing the taxpayer nothing. Even though her uncle held a high-level government clearance for 30+ years, so they know each and every dark secret is documented, and I stand to vouch for her. Nope. You know, now that she tried to legally come to this country, 8X, she cannot even come to visit us via a tourist visa. Nope. They say she is a flight risk - yet - the border is wide open. Why was she denied a Green card eight times? Because the old archaic system that is used exactly like a Powerball lottery - exactly. Nothing is based on merit or needs of the country. An illiterate ditch digger is the same as a world-renowned brain surgeon, just a number. Do any of the other first world countries still use this archaic system? Nope, none.

So, I have little sympathy for these illegals or the corrupted America that freely allows them access into the country then uses resources of the nation to support them, uses my money. Am I bitter? Yes, I am and angry, more so each day...

Qwertyportne and jim2 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7