Free ammo! (for me)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wideym, Dec 12, 2019.

1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

At the gunshop I help out at, there is a set of shelves that we have been stacking loose and packaged ammo we acquire from traded in guns and purchases. It has become quite unsightly and I have been organizing calibers, separating full factory boxes from partial ones, and taking partial boxes of the same brand, caliber, grain weight, and bullet type, then combining them into full factory boxes.

I should be done with it tomorrow and I was told that I could have any loose ammo I want! There is several hundred rounds of ammo I can use (38 S&W, 300 Winmag, 7.62x54r, 7.62x39, 45 Colt, ect...). There is even a couple hundred pieces of brass in calibers I reload.

It shows that a little initiative and work can be well rewarded and it's nice to be appreciated.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well man,Hate to tell you this ....but it sounds like a bunch of ''junk'' brass....

But I can help!!! Just mail it in a bulk container to me and it will certainly be disposed of in a safe manner....

No need to Thank me for this service!

3. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

No problem, just send me $300 for shipping just in case postage runs a little high. I'll make sure you get all .22lr brass I find.

Oddcaliber, tacmotusn, duane and 2 others like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like 22 brass me !

duane likes this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Fired some empty 22 brass out of a muzzle loading cannon one time, didn't pattern worth a da** and as an experiment it was failure, but it was sure a lot of fun, we never did get round to putting it into a sabot of some kind. One of those times the number of beers in the hand exceeded common sense. Love going thru old brass and have found a few that collectors even like, boxes of 30-30 with head stamps and all from very late 1800's. Congratulations on the ammo, never too much.

Oddcaliber, Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Sweet deal! I could never work in a gun shop because I'd never bring home a paycheck!

wideym and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Snitch: "Mr. SurvivalMonkey, @wideym brought ammo to class!"
    Mr. SurvivalMonkey: "Mr. widem Is this true?"
    wideym: "Yes sir..."
    Mr. SurvivalMonkey: "Did you bring enough for everyone?"
    wideym: "Well, Sir, uh, I, er..."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

There is actually an story about shooter swedging 22 brass to make 222 bullets during ww2, Im guess same for 223, I believe they used rope lead as the filler, maybe worth knowing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Here is one set of swedging dies: Corbin Rimfire Jacket-Maker Die Set RFJM-22

I've run across others including one designed for commercial applications

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Fred Huntington did that. That's how we Got R(ock) C(huck) B(ullet) S(wage). The Speer brothers also started that way. I've seen a photo of a Speer .22 cal. bullet with .22 rim fire head stamp still readable.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I knew that once and forgotten all about that. Thanks for the reminder!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7