1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Free rent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

They are righting a terrible wrong ,tennants through no fault of their own were being held responsible for irresponsible landlords.(Tennants were paying their rents on time; and the landlord was witholding his mortgage payments).
  3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

If a mrtgage co. is going to evict renters, then they should have to buy out the lease for whatever time is remaining on the lease.
  4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

What if the lender goes belly up, do I have to still pay my mortgage :D
  5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

That just might happen yet.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

I learned a hard lesson in something similar some years back. Had a high school buddy who moved to a second house, and still kept the rent up on the first one. I 'subletted' from him.

After about eight months, the landlord comes by wondering where all the 'back rent' was? Turns out my 'buddy' had become a coke-head, and wasn't paying the rent! I unknowingly was paying his coke bill, instead of the house rent!
    So, guess who had to fork over....

I moved then, and haven't talked to that 'friend' since - figured beating the money out of him would just cause me more grief I didn't need.

I am mighty glad I have NO mortgage. As long I can pay the property taxes, I'll have a place to live.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary