Agriculture French Intensive Garden 4 CD

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by DKR, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Garden Plan - 2012: English Cottage French Intensive Garden 4 CD

Nicely done site with a lot of good data. There is a UK/US/Canada version.

If you are not familiar with the French intensive gardening method, this is what it looks like
    [​IMG]

Th3e New Ago name is "BioIntensive gardening"
    What is Biointensive Gardening?

No matter the name, it packs and rotates as much as possible n the smallest spaces
    It also means going out and working in the garden frequently, this isn't a plant and forget meathod of food production.

Similar to the "Kitchen gardens" or so-called Cottage gardens seen in the UK, these work well with some planning. With the winter soon at hand, it may be time to dig into the books/paper planning before Spring arrives...

techsar and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

"Dig" is the right word, as in double-dug gardening. My back isn't up to it, but I have a tractor and equipment that will get the job done...after a fashion. Work natural fertilizers, spoiled hay and compost into the soil, and solid seeding should give similar results...unless you enjoy sweat and pain.

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

4 CD? Do not see any offers for CD's.

Besides that, I like the looks of the site and for the gardening concept. Raised box beds are attractive to me and what I seen it is square foot gardening. By the way, by using those raised beds it cuts down on the back strain and the soil will not compact down near as much as conventional gardens.

Thunder5Ranch and DKR like this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

That is my plan, to break-up and incorporate fertilizers and organic matter into the soil, and then to build raised beds over the prepared soil. Then just keep the soil from becoming compacted again by never walking or operating equipment on it, and keeping the soil covered with plants and/or hay.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7