friendly warning:

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Don't vent online...man posting threats against police in the infowars comments section was arrested.:

http://www.infowars.com/virginia-man-charged-with-making-threats-against-police-on-infowars/

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/207454

Roanoke man charged with making online threats

Jeffrey L. Weaver is accused of posting threatening comments against two police officers on infowars.com.

<!--EndNoIndex-->[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] By Laurence Hammack
    [/FONT] 981-3239<!--BeginNoIndex-->
    <!--EndNoIndex-->A Roanoke man faces charges of making online threats against two police officers -- one in Oakland, Calif., and one in Martinsville -- after reading newspaper accounts of incidents in which they used deadly force.
    Jeffrey L. Weaver, 47, made the threatening comments in January on a news Web site called infowars.com, according to a complaint filed earlier this week in U.S. District Court in Roanoke.
    Weaver, who was ordered held without bond Friday, logged onto the site using the name "F---ThePIGS," the complaint states.
    After reading a newspaper article on infowars.com that described how a 17-year-old boy died after being shocked with a Taser by a Martinsville police officer in January, Weaver wrote: "this makes my blood boil."
    "Maybe I should drive to Martinsville with my 9mm Glock and some Teflon coated armor-piercing Black Rhino hollow point rounds and do the world a favor by ridding the world of this piece of s--- pig," the message read.
    Authorities traced the post to Weaver's Internet protocol address, which they say was used several days earlier to make even more menacing comments about the fatal shooting of an unarmed man by police officers on a train platform in Oakland.
    The New Year's Day death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant led to violent street protests and was also featured on infowars.com
    "If I find out who the pig is then I will kill the pig who killed him," Weaver wrote on Jan. 5, according to the complaint.
    A short time later, the address of one of the police officers involved in the shooting was posted to the Web site.
    "Thanks for the address," the next post read. "Now that I know who he is and where he is it's only a matter of time." The complaint quoted Weaver as saying he planned to kill the officer's wife and child before killing him.
    "This isn't a threat it's a f------ promise," the message continued.
    On May 29, federal agents searched Weaver's Roanoke home. He told them he frequents infowars.com and admitted making the postings, according to the complaint.
    Weaver said he was angry at the time but insisted he did not intend to harm anyone.
    After hearing testimony Friday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Michael Urbanski ruled there was probable cause to support the charges and ordered Weaver held without bond.
    Urbanski rejected an argument by public defender Fay Spence, who said Weaver's actions were protected by the First Amendment.
    Infowars.com is based in Austin, Texas. It is affiliated with Alex Jones, a radio and Internet talk-show host who calls himself an "aggressive constitutionalist" who defends the Bill of Rights and the nation's borders while avoiding "the bogus political labels of left and right."

2. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Well, really. Use your brains, people! I always warn my kids about posting stupid stuff on Facebook and Myspace. Kids think that they can post anything, but once it's out there, it's out there for everyone to see. Same goes for the guy in the story. He;'s old enough to have known better.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Weall "know "this stuff is possible actually seing it happening is worth a post (no?),,

4. The Expendable

Yep, no doubt. It's a good heads up to people who think that "freedom of speech" includes shouting "FIRE" in a crowded theater... or threatening law enforcement officers online.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

"Rantosaurus Rex?":D:lol:[nothome] ( me) I need to see this happening for real...)[looksharp]

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, it's not just threatening officers online, it's threatening anybody.

Recently there was a teen in TN arrested for making threats against former school mates in another state (MD?)

7. The Expendable

Maybe it depends where you live. A couple of years ago one of my kids was being threatened online. Another kid told him that he was going to come to our house with a 9mm and shoot him. The kid saying it was pretty scary, and I believed him. The police came out and told me, "well, that's just how kids talk these days. There's really nothing we can do until he actually does something. Just threatening is not enough for us to act on."

By the way, the kid that made the threats is now in jail... I'm not positive, but I think it was for burglary. He's a bad kid for sure.

8. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Don't think it really depends on where you live anymore, things have changed, and not for the bettertaser1

9. The Expendable

Oh, I know. The reason that they gave me for not being able to do anything about the online threat was that "anyone could have posted that". I can see that point, but when a kid is threatening to shoot another kid, you would think they would at least check it out.

10. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

If I posted something like "Chicks with big boobs should be banged repeatedly," could that be construed as I wanted them be be shot? Just a question. I mean, I am talking about he messy kind of bang...the kind you need a towel and a good shower from which to clean-up. I hope I don't have to go before Sotomayor and Ginsberg on that one.

Thinking outload: Damn.....I wonder if they are on a bucket list somewhere....shit, I am digging a big hole now. I mean, by purely natural causes type of bucket list....whew...my dog just farted and I need to leave the room! Perhaps I will shoot my dog .......dog gone it.....just a minute, there is a nocking at the door! I said perhaps not that I was going, too. Lighten up, its just free speech. Yes, its just Agent Hassenpfeffer at the door and his sidekick Agent Dikindamund.

11. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

:shock: I can't believe I wrote all that!

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hehehe. Well, it is longer than your usual -- [beer]

13. The Expendable

"Justice Ginsburg, I've been real bad..." :)

14. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Towel?? No curtains in the trailer???[lolol]
    Surely there's a gov't grant for that somewhere?

15. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

So much for any further comments on cow farts then!
    I wouldn't want to offend either the cows, the farmers, or the feds!
    (is it still legal to tell someone to go fly a kite?)
    I suppose it really all depends on the manner in which it is delivered!

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

OK T3, I read the entire search warrant. My take on the whole thing is this. Free speech or not, this guy crossed the line several times. As a life member of the NRA my feelings about him being a convicted felon (without rights restored?) is that, if he was in possession of a firearm... then lock him up and throw away the key. His numerous blatant "threats to shoot, kill, harm family members, etc etc just went to far, and way over the line. We do not need to support or harbor this individual among us. The search warrant was well written, and on the mark. He deserves whatever punishment he gets. I don't want him walking among us free. JMHO of course

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I'm not certainly not supporting this asshat, There areplenty people out here in cyberspace who scare me..The warrant was airtight ( as they are supposed to be). It just wakes me up to how easy it is to connect "supposedly anonymous" comments to an ip then to a mailing address.
    How many loose,off the cuff rants here may be considered threats against tptb by officials who don't know any of us as levelheaded normal joes venting.
    " I've had enough...molon labe...give em the bullets first....Come try to take them that's my line in the sand..." imagine being in front of a judge or congress and having maxine waters read those back to you. We aren't on different sides of this one here Tac.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7