Mosby From the Library

Discussion in '3 Percent' started by survivalmonkey, Nov 2, 2019.

1. survivalmonkey

survivalmonkey Monkey+++

Today’s book is one I read two decades ago (or close to it), and made my wife read two weeks after we started dating. It’s arguably one of the most important books published in my lifetime, when it comes to personal protection. I’m not sure how I’ve never reviewed it for this blog, but one of our guys texted me a couple weeks ago, and insisted I needed to, post-haste.

The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker

Let me preface this by pointing out that, while I don’t know him personally, I suspect DeBecker is a hypocritical piece of shit. I suspect that, because he’s made a veritable fortune by providing armed security to celebrities, but he’s opposed to private gun ownership.

That having been said, while I don’t “understand” it, I get his reason (you’ll have to read the book).

All of that aside, this is the single best book out there, that I know of, to get women to pay the fuck attention to what’s going on around them, and to get them to pay attention to their gut instinct about shady situations, instead of rationalizing them. It’s equally true for men, of course.

My daughters will be required to read this, and write a report on it, before they are allowed to date.

In essence, it focuses on the physiology of WHY we have “bad feelings” or “gut instincts” about people and situations, and explains not just why we have them, but why we should trust them, and heed them.

If you haven’t read this, go get a copy, right now, and read it. If you have read it, and haven’t made your spouse and/or children (of appropriate age) read it, shame on you.

DeBecker not only explains the whats and whys, but he provides real world examples of both successes and failures, based on case studies from his clients, both celebrity and otherwise.

If you’re opposed to spending money on a book by an author who is decidedly anti-gun, I can understand and appreciate that. So, don’t give him any money. I’ve NEVER failed to find copies of this book at used bookstores and Goodwill. Go to your local Goodwill or used bookstore, and find a copy there. But seriously….read the fucking book.

Continue reading...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7