Front Lawn Garden 2020

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Catullus, Jun 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Getting back to the basics...working on what I can do right now to be more prepared. Tired of politics and molecular virology lol. Seeds were from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello victory garden packs.

Monticello Victory Garden Seed Collection

garden2. garden1.

2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

sadly in some areas of our nation those have been outlawed...

tired of such crap... is it your land or not?

Gator 45/70, Catullus, TnAndy and 3 others like this.
  3. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

It's gorgeous. Are you square foot gardening?

4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Very cool. :D

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Catullus like this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Surprised one of your neighbors hasn't called the Code Enforcement Nazis.

6. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

So far my neighbors have been very supportive. In a way it has helped me meet more of them as they always stop to make a comment or tell me a story when they are on walks....the best part is other neighbors are starting their own gardens after they have seen mine and how it is coming out.

7. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

For the most part yes. My strategy was to overplant (about 3-4x) the amount of seedlings I would need and then cull out the weaker plants once they get to be about the size they are in the picture. I have moved them around to try and mix up what is growing together in terms of compatible plant heights and the way the sun moves. The last was sprinkling in marigolds to help with attracting pollinators and hopefully pest reduction. TBD

8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

you need to keep up the front yard garden standards >>> I don't see a cucumber growing in a toilet or a single busted up old shipping pallet - you're giving it a bad name ....

Gator 45/70, Catullus, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  9. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Updated Garden Pics

g3. g2. g1.

10. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Either it's REAL hot where your bee hives are, or they are getting ready to swarm. Time to add another super on top.

Catullus, ditch witch, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Come the pandemic famine, the code enforcement nazis will be going to @Catllus for planting and growing tips to establish gardens along the sidewalk nature strip as well as their front gardens. ;)

Catullus, SB21, ditch witch and 2 others like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was thinking the same thing about them bees ,,

Ganado likes this.
  13. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

It is REAL hot and humid here right now... Heat indexes in the 100s and sooo humid. I did just add a super to the two side hives... My middle one has been weaker since the start...I checked for mites etc...but it looked good the other day.

14. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

garden3.

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Avocado_tree

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    I love the end of summer.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Smells heavenly
  7. Alanaana
    Avocadoes
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    I think it's 20lbs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Is coffee better than bananas?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
    Sugarloaf White Pineapples are my favorite!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 11, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle Vibes

This is the driveway at the front of my property.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Dunerunner
  19. Dunerunner
  20. Dunerunner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7