Fuel Cost Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I would be happy with $3.40 Moto...... I paid $3.96 yesterday......

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yep, keeps flirting with $4.00 around here too.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

4.19 at the freeway. Diesel is 4.39

6 miles away, 3.92/unleaded, 3.89/diesel

Getting ready to use the wifes fuel points at Kroger for 1.00 off of 3.89 (2.89 after).. 35 gallon max. And the truck has a 31 gallon tank. w00t

4. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

take a 5 gal can with you too. You won't even have to put chemicals in it, just put it in the truck next week. Do the same with a car, take four 5-gal cans. You're talking about saving $35 if you can use it all, that's a big deal if you can do it often.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Well after reading what you all have been paying, I say God bless our local refineries.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Local, 3.79\9 as of three days ago. It's been steady for about 8 weeks.

VisuTrac likes this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We have a refinery up the road in Arlington, but I think they truck that gas to California and they bring gas from there back up here, to sell to us.... there really seems to be no logic in the business, other than profit margin ;)

Sapper John and Brokor like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yup, it's all about empowering the corporate cartels. If the people really knew the truth about alternate forms of energy, the whole fossil fuel empire would collapse. But, so many have been acclimated and brainwashed to believe there is no viable alternative, that it becomes easy to perpetuate the lie. How many people are plugged in to the grid and are dependent upon power from corporate utilities? How many people live in above ground homes and McMansions which are inefficient energy siphons? The control matrix and this entire paradigm will continue in perpetuity as long as we continue to empower the same handful of cartels.

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. kellory

Largest reason fuel costs are so high, is refineries are running at near full capacity, no one wants a new refinery in their backyard, and we haven't built a new one in more than 30yrs, IIRC. We have 46 blends for 50 states, and winter and summer blends as well.
    Just simplify the fuel requirements, open new refineries on land the people already own (closed military bases) and keep transport cost down by shorter cartage from local smaller refineries.
    That, and lowering the taxes on fuel, would help a great deal in lowering fuel costs.

oldawg and Sapper John like this.
  10. Brokor

Somebody still hasn't taken the red pill....

11. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

same answer as just about any other question:
    get government out of the way.

Brokor likes this.
  12. kellory

I'm not into medications.

13. Brokor

And when corporations are in the government business, it becomes even more interesting.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Yesterday on G Beck he was talking about an article that said if Baghdad fell the cost of a barrel of oil would double in 24 hours. I know not to believe everything you hear but that news is highly alarming. If oil went to 200+ a barrel I can't imagine how long before the price increases would hit the store shelves.

I really would like level-headed Monkey input on this.

15. Brokor

Iran is sitting on the worlds third largest oil reserves. A lot of the "leaders" in the U.S. "Government" are drooling over propping up the petro-dollar even further. The attack on Iraq secured trading oil for dollars once again, and the entire Middle East is being primed for conflict. You will see Syria and Iran getting into this, and when this progresses, a "solution" to the new Iraq problem will have to be addressed. Will ISIS and other radical groups end up gaining control of the oil fields and cause problems? Quite possibly. But, will they maintain control and start selling oil in exchange for gold or Euros again? Short term, maybe...long term, I highly doubt it. As for the oil prices here at home, that's purely speculative.

The United States economy is headed for a total collapse, and so is the Euro. The U.S. debt is at about 17 trillion dollars, and growing rapidly. The total amount isn't as important to understand as knowing what's keeping it all in check. We still have the quadrillion dollar derivatives market. That's an inconceivable figure. As long as the majority of the world continues to carry the dollar and it remains the lead petro-dollar, the collapse will be abated, but even this is arguable. Now, some people might ask, "why go to war and raise the national debt if the economy is failing?" and it's a legitimate question if this system were actually backed by something of substance like gold or silver. The entire system is corrupt to the core, the monetary system is backed by nothing, it's completely FIAT and in private hands. The whole system can collapse tomorrow, and the following day they can have a new one ready to go. The goal is to create a unified currency as has been described by Evelyn Rothschild and several economists and members of organizations like The Council on Foreign Relations and others. However, this new currency cannot come into existence as long as there are competing economies guarding the lifeblood of profit making -namely the primary oil reserves in the Middle East. The Middle East is the next great battleground, and has been since the first invasion of Iraq in the 1990's. Will Russia, China and Iran control these oil assets, or will it be the "Democratic" powers of the U.S., Britain and its allies? Chances are, we will see world war with Russia, but certain peripheral enemies must also be taken care of first, namely N. Korea. So, what is the time table like? Well, I don't see a war occurring with multiple fronts the way everything sits currently. I would pay attention to Israel and not rule out their influence. As for how N. Korea unfolds, is anybody's guess. N. Korea already has massive food shortages, and the sanctions are very seriously taking a toll. They may end up being a null-state threat, but their ace in the hole is nuclear weapon capability, however limited it may be. Perhaps they could be forced into escalating a conflict. It would give the U.S. all the pretext they need to spank them hard. This would significantly weaken China and its influence with a number of SE Asian countries.

Damn. Well, never mind.

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ah, don't worry. The IMF has their SDR's ready for the collapse when it comes.

Brokor likes this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Brokor umm you gave me more to think about, probably more then I was expecting. North Korea- total wild card. Russian & China talking about, maybe even moving ahead with abandoning the dollar. Yes, the middle east is exploding. Israel will do what Israel needs to do. Russia was playing with shutting off oil to Ukraine earlier this week. The chart I looked at said we get 12.9% of our oil from the ME. Oh I forgot, we get 15 % from Canada but I think Canada is very angry over the pipeline deal.

18. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

If you think back to when oil was around $140/bbl, gas was around $4/gal (in central OK). Then oil went down below $100/bbl, but gas did not drop commensurate to that. A big part of the reason is that quite a few refineries bought into the "peak oil" premise and retooled to be able to refine heavy crude (think Canadian oil sands). Then the shale revolution happened, and these refineries couldn't refine the lighter crude but still had to pay for billions of dollars worth of retooling. So they are making up the difference on the crack spread.

19. Brokor

I think it's more about the corporations maintaining and even increasing profits than it is about breaking even or *gasp* taking a loss for risking a bold move to attempt discovery of oil in less than promising areas. With the increase in oil prices comes enormous ventures by the corporate oil cartels to spread out and grab oil in every conceivable way. We are talking about Canada's black sand processing, with Shell expanding their Athabasca oil sands project, to actually drilling for oil in the arctic. Previously, these ventures wouldn't have been profitable enough to risk, but with a seemingly ever increasing market value on oil, virtually everything is within scope. The tar sands in Canada are extremely destructive. And we still see the same handful of corporations taking the lead and trying to edge out the smaller companies, keeping their comfortable profit margins and sucking the planet dry. We all know how heavily the U.S. depends on oil, with very few public transit systems, most Americans drive to work, sometimes quite a long distance to their low paying jobs. There is no real motive to alter this terrible cycle as long as the oil cartels and their political allies continue to reap massive profits, and as long as the petro-dollar reigns on the global stage, with force and threat of war as the incentive should any nation dare to trade in an alternate currency. The advent of war itself has proven to be quite profitable for the government arms trade business, and there appears to be no end in sight for this high stakes game.

Until the corporations actually suffer losses, and I mean real losses, not insured loss or bailout losses, this terrible game will continue. But, what are the chances for that? We obviously need to implement alternate energy solutions, and I know we have the technology and capacity, it's just too bad it doesn't serve the interests of the globalists and their agenda to establish total corporate control and a unified global monetary scheme. The longer we continue to accept their excuses and convoluted explanations for necessitating the oil cartel scheme, the harder the transition will be to actually adopt sound energy principles. If we just placed more effort into sustaining renewable energy alone, this would at least alleviate some of the pressure long enough to adopt more sensible solutions for oil dependency.

20. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I can't respond to your whole post right now because I'm on my phone (can't go back and forth and keep it all straight), but not all exploitation of the oil sands is destructive. The strip mining is, but the SAGD method is not.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7