Fuel for Chinas NEW Aircraft Carrier....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Sep 8, 2011.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I wonder what China decided to use as fuel for their pretty New Aircraft
    Carrier. They don't have much Oil, and I just can't see them building a coal fired Aircraft Carrier, with a thousand little guys down in the Black Gang country, shoveling coal.... Is it a Nuke powered thing? Hmmm Inquiring Minds want to know......

2. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

well....it is an old soviet carrier that China bought and refitted so im fairly sure its gonna be a nuke.....

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm going to say Gas fired boilers and steam turbines. I say that just because that was what it was originally designed for (this is an old soviet ship referb'd)

Not saying that they couldn't go nuke on it but that would just be silly.

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Guys...it will be a RICE burner. I mean c'mon already! Sheesh!

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Heck...I say we send Maobama over to China and let him power it with all his hot air Bulls**t....

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Visu, they are listed as steam turbines. I'm betting on oil fired boilers. If for some reason they are gas turbines as one rumor reported, they would still be oil fired, probably a light oil like diesel for commonality with the gensets. Gas, as in natural gas or propane is too hazardous for shipboard use.

Sapper John and VisuTrac like this.
  8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Has no one seen the pics of the new catamaran type carrier on China's plans. Their aim is to have the biggest naval power in the world. They just bought six conventional subs from Russia and are building nukes of their own. We had better teach our kids to learn Chineese.

9. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Only if you live with a defeatist attitude.. I'll be teaching my kids to kick some ass. They better learn to speak Engrish better.

10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The catamaran is a light carrier; the refitted Russian carrier "Varyag" is a heavy carrier.

11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

ChairmanObama.

Sapper John, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  12. ghrit

The catamaran type carriers are interesting, two islands and two "runways." I think I got a different impression on the size differences.

13. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

Either way Chinese military tech is ages behind what the USA has, in spite of 0bammy and the other dims that hate our military.

14. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I'd be happy if they could speak English instead of Dinglish....."dese, dis, dem, dose,dat....."

Told my lily white nephew trying his best to be a black gangsta we didn't speak Dinglish in my house....d doesn't go in front of every other word.

15. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Wolud you belive this design stolen from the computer files of M.C. Escher

[​IMG]

16. ghrit

Escher was unique. Love it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7