FYI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 15, 2020.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I know a dude,he had a fraudulent unemployment claim filed in his name. This particular dude hasn’t filed a claim since 1993. He has a funny Finnish last name. Be careful SM members. :D

Motomom34, Ganado and SB21 like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Why is this news?

Secret Service unearths overseas fraud ring stealing millions in unemployment benefits

The Secret Service has detected a large-scale foreign attack on the U.S. unemployment system that is processing record numbers of jobless claims amid the pandemic, according to The New York Times.

In a Secret Service memo obtained by the Times, the agency described the attack as a well-organized Nigerian fraud ring that could lead to "potential losses in the hundreds of millions of dollars."

Looks like that Prince in Nigeria got tired of waiting for me to send my bank data...so now he is looting the Treasury directly..

Meat and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Our company has disputed two claims for unemployment this month. These guys were fraudulent in the times worked and claimed they were let go. People are loving the extra cash that unemployment is paying.

Good luck @Meat getting that straightened out.

3cyl and Meat like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

This particular gentleman wasn’t too pleased with how the information was presented to him, like he was an f-ing criminal. Watch your credit reports and your accounts carefully SM.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Wait. You mean that other guy?

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

As an employer we receive paperwork from the unemployment department trying to verify that the person worked for us etc.. One guy claimed he worked for 6 months at our place. He had only been there 2 weeks then quit. Claim denied!

3cyl likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7