Garden Nazi - NO garden for YOU!

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Legion489, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Aeason, Motomom34 and duane like this.
  2. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Well, they can still grow vegetables in the backyard, but in the front "Thou shalt mow the grass and consume the gas".

Gotta wonder who got their panties in a wad about their front yard gardening, sounds like they were doing it in a nice landscape way.

"Eat your GMO's, watch TV, and consume, consume."

Aeason, Motomom34 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  3. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

Yes sounds like they need to keep their garden to the back yard and hope they are able to do that. Gardens are not ugly.

Aeason, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Just goes to show that becoming a judge can't cure stupid.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Too bad he was following the law instead of creating it. For a change --

Aeason likes this.
  6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I don't much like followers

IMO an independent person of reasonable intelligence would find a way to ensure the law is not broken, but bent enough to take the stupid out of it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Aeason, Ura-Ki and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not a "He", @ghrit a "She".....

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Oh, well. Must be an important difference when it comes to the law. Case extant, it appears that there was no reason nor law to prevent the community from adopting an ordnance. If the community wants to prohibit growing something, all they have to do is agree. The judge was right; the community is silly, sez me.

3cyl, Aeason and BTPost like this.
  9. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, they can outlaw violence and make it mandatory to share your food after TSHTF and I am sure that will solve the problem. In many communities, your neighbors are not your friends and I don't limit that to the gangs either. We have become a nation of stupid laws and the sheep are calling for more control as the think that is the solution. This all started in our community about 20 years ago and it was caused by houses becoming investments instead of a place to live. God help anyone that does anything that they think will decrease the value of their property.

Aeason, Legion489, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Kalifornacation happened in Orygun, that's why I left! Any time some one moved north into Or, they brought Kali stupid with them and have turned that state into Kali North! They blew the property values through the roof and forced many long timers out! Making property into an investment helps no one but the investor, and if enough of them band together, Kalifornacation happens! It's a sickness that has spread all over the wet coast and is slowly creeping east. When SHTF, there will be no sharing of my things, you want it, you have to deal with me, and I'm in it for the long haul!

gundog10, Aeason, BlueDuck and 4 others like this.
  11. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I want all my front and back yard to be edible

Oltymer, Aeason, BlueDuck and 2 others like this.
  12. duane

duane Monkey+++

Might be family legend, but one of the "indian" agents with the Lakota is supposed to have remarked when the supplies were not given out to the people at the FEMA camp in Minnesota at the time and they complained then that they were hungry, "Let them eat grass!!". When the uprising occurred, he was found dead with his mouth full of grass. When TSHTF happens again, it has happened many times to many different groups already in our USA history, it will not be pleasant and many will rue on that the day that they didn't have gardens and slight problems in converting their investments into cash.

13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Time to move.

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I looked at the pictures of his garden. While he should be able to have a garden and grow what he chooses on his property, it is kind of ugly. Let's be blunt, it is an eye sore. He could make it more curb appeal thus it would not attract the attention of city officials. Hiding in plain site would be the way to go.

Personally I think the city and their rules to change things when no one complained sounds much like an out of control HOA but that is the way things are headed. I say learn to camouflage.

chelloveck, Oltymer, Aeason and 2 others like this.
  15. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

Aeason and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I agree but hidden edible gardens have become a "thing". Many people who live in HOA's want to raise some edibles but the HOA has rules against growing vegetable in your front yard. Therefore people have had to learn to hide their produce/herbs in plain site.

You have to dig but this guy has lots of suggestions on hiding edibles 10 rules for growing vegetables in the front yard - Outlaw Garden his readers comments also have good suggestions.

chelloveck, Aeason and Ganado like this.
  17. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I believe my front yard would still have plenty of edible plants. Sunflowers, rhubarb and asparagus could all pass for typical yard plants. So could just about ANY herb you'd want to grow (in fact, I'm planning on my front garden, next year, growing basil and rosemary, next year, to start with, since I'll use both of those, enough to grow my own). I'm sure there's other stuff out there, that would work well, too.

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My front gardens are herbs, flowers, a tomato plant plus squash plants. It looks pretty. Many herbs flower so they fit right in.

natshare likes this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Most of the urban gardens I see start out looking really good and by the end of June are a really nice 4' tall patch of weeds. Could just be the hoods I pass through. Of course half of the houses in those hoods look like Sanford and Son are running a junk yard as well. Their business though and their patch of dirt.

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Hunger has a peculiar way of altering one's aesthetics....

and there's always some way of rebelling against garden nazis....[​IMG]

Radishman and oldawg like this.
  1. Alanaana
    I have so much weeding to do!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Ganado
  5. duane
  6. kckndrgn
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. DKR
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Oltymer
  11. Airtime
  12. DarkLight
  13. DarkLight