Gas price rise watch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnbb, Feb 15, 2021.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Our gas prices here in SC under Trump averaged about 2 bucks a gallon---since Bidumb has stolen the Whitehouse and all his dictatorial edicts gas prices have risen 34 cents a gallon and will continue to rise. What are you paying in your areas and keep us posted of the rise

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

In SeLA, it had dropped to around 1.70/gallon...we are now at 2.10

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

with working from home since las march, i fill up the car/trucks maybe once a month as opposed to twice a week. I don't even know how much gas is at the moment. It could go to 10 bucks a gallon and as long as i'm work from home, I'd still be spending less money than before.

EDIT: I headed out to the highway this afternoon. 2.49 for 87 unleaded. Up from 2.29 this past summer.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Macgyver

Macgyver Monkey+

Northern Illanoid 2.65 to 2.75

Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Texas Panhandle, under Trump we were running under $2 a gallon for diesel and unleaded was around the $1.50 mark.
    Friday in Amarillo, Loves had diesel at $2.84 cash price and $2.34 unleaded. They're always wicked high. Rest of town running $2.11 unleaded and $2.45 diesel.

That diesel price is the one that's gonna kill us. All the trucks run on diesel. Also the electric cars run on diesel... it's a diesel generator powering all those Tesla charging stations up here... so I hope they see a fat increase in the cost of their "gReEn EnErGy" charges.

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Everyone will see it, as "it's for the children" and therefore deserving of public subsidizing. :(

Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Yep-- all the illegal children flooding our country. I'll add diesel is up 2.69 a gallon too a considerable jump from 2.29. This is going to effect food prices real quick -- plant that garden

8. duane

duane Monkey+++

In NH, paid $1.69 last November, $2.39 yesterday, both at cheapest station I can find. Funny though, it is at an Irving station and sells gasoline refined in St Johns Canada. They have tried to build both natural gas and oil pipe lines within 5 miles of my house, but the greens have stopped all of them. Comes in from Canada, but by pipeline?

This map shows how effective the greens have been. Not 1 refinery and very limited crude pipeline in New England, even if made in USA, it has to be imported into New England. May be about 25 miles of crude and refined petro in state, some limited natural gas lines with a lot of demand, unfilled, for more.

Why the U.S. Must Import and Export Oil

Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Imported into New England ----stop the imports and the lefties would soon change their tune

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

2.23 where I'm sitting at the moment..Under Trump it was around 1.95-2.05.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

Under Trump diesel was $1.959 3 days ago it was $2.499. The last jump was a 20 cent jump. Rural SC here.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

2.79/9 today, up a nickle since last week. Ethanol laden crap ----

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Glad I have the leaf.
    We went out of town to help my wife's dad down size and rented a 2019 ford F150, even with the 10 speed auto transmission it's a gas drinking son of a bitch.
    I feel bad for anyone who uses an f-150 as a daily driver to move 1 or 2 other people around.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Gas was at $1.99 now at $2.41
    Diesel was at $2.29 now at $2.57
    SE Arizona

I make full use of the local grocery store's fuel discount program, especially for diesel. Get as much as a buck off per gallon for fillups up to 35 gallons. I'm hard pressed to burn that much fuel in the course of a month, even with trips back and forth to the BOL. Truck gets 18-20 on the highway. Not bad for a 3/4 Ton.

Also retired so not commuting. Short trips to the grocery store don't take much in the way of gas and prefer not to use the truck for that. Filled up the wife's car today and in one month burned just under 4 gallons. The price rise isn't going to hurt me nearly as much as it will a lot of people.

Another thing I did was purchase shares of Conoco Phillips stock. As oil prices rise, so has the stock price, resulting in something of a payback. Eventually I'll sell it and collect a refund. It also pays dividends.

If you use diesel, you can apply for discount (EFS) cards with Petro, My Diesel Savings, and TSD Logistics RV programs. Those will allow you to fill your diesel vehicle at the same fueling points as those Big Boy Semis at a discount, lower than the price on the signs along the freeways that those stations advertise. Petro isn't a good a deal as the others. Your standard credit card or gas card won't work at the Semi fuel islands from what I've read.

I've got two of those three cards in anticipation of higher fuel price or even the possibility of Biden cutting off or rationing fuel for us common folk (even he isn't stupid enough to bring the nation's truck fleets to a halt, I don't think). I intend to get the third EFS (TSD Logistics) card as well as it is the best discount of the three.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Every penny cost American consumers 1 Billion dollars a year. That’s the Green in Green New Deal.

SB21, mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  16. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The demoRATS claim to be the champion of the middle class, poor and disadvantaged but who is really hurt by increasing energy prices ---those same people they claim to be so caring of. Add in the pandemic factor of businesses shut down or out of business and increasing unemployment caused by the demoRATS-- the hypocrisy never ceases to astound me. Yet these same people keep voting them in over and over again --definition of national insanity.

Gator 45/70 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

They shutting down because the contractors whom do all the work can't come in, That and Nat gas hates an orifice's
    They will lie like CNN,ABC.NBC etc etc

18. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

'Sfunny, in a way. Texas has its own grid that was supposed to insulate it from a national grid down situation. Well, hm. To my MT head, leaning so heavily on "renewable" sources was a strategic error. But that's just me.

Mountainman likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Why theu do not use a Refrigeration level grease on the Texas Wind Mills is. beyond me... If @Quigley_Sharps stops around, it would be interesting to hear. his take on the Texas Wind Mills freezing up...

SB21 likes this.
  20. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

87B8C457-C962-4CE4-AA4A-E95148148CA3.

SB21 and johnbb like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7