Gasification Stove (How To), They're incredible!!! Complete Instructions

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Gopherman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

rocket stove diagram. My little rocket stove is a trip and flame shoot out 2' in the air. The version I built requires too much attention to be practical for use other than when your standing right there with it. I designed a more practical version that will heat water to 180*, you can cook on it and it will heat a 5 inch pipe that can have an air duct installed on it with a small 9 volt fan for forced hot air.

chelloveck likes this.
  2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Thanks for the plans..

3. Gopherman

I haven't built it yet so It's experimental. But it should work like a charm. I have a rough material list made up, gonna be about $3-400 in material, my buddy said he'd do the welding for me. BONUS

4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Good kinda buddy to have..

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The gas can be "captured" and run through a gasoline motor. It is old technology and was used in the 30s/40s when gasoline was unavailable. It was used more in other countries than here--especially in the war years. Methane capture has been around for many years also.

6. Gopherman

Yeah, I have been watching prep vids on youtube for about a year now. I have learned a lot of very practical stuff there.
    Really stupid stuff on there too but some of those people are brilliant!

Ganado and ditch witch like this.
  7. Aeason

Aeason Monkey

They work great and don't use much fuel, built mine from stainless steel motor housing and stainless steel flum pipe with stainless steel expanded metal for grate. Does best using small dry twigs, looks like a gas burner when it starts gassifing.

Gopherman likes this.
  8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

the next step?

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

plans

Attached Files:

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Wood gas stoves are very efficient. Made one out of two cans with a Swiss Army knife many years ago. Used hardware cloth for the pot stand. It was obviously crude, but it worked. But because it was round, same size as shape as the largest can, I never carried it backpacking.

I posted about it on a different forum before I climbed the monkey tree. I'll see if I can find it and post a link. Unless mods tell me it is a no no.

For now, I prefer something small, like the Emberlit. While it isn't quite as efficient, it is good enough. And much easier to carry.

kellory and Gopherman like this.
  11. Gopherman

Mine is still kicking!:) The smaller ones are good with wood pellets . You'll get enough burn time to actually heat something, adding fuel is the problem. You have to do it very slowly or you interfere with the process and it smokes.
    If you add forced air it becomes a smokeless boiler that hits incredible temps!
    I love this guy's videos, he has taken this all the way to the conclusion, even explaining how to produce and refine high grade fuel from the byproducts of the wood smoke.

12. Aeason

Aeason Monkey

KIMG0012. KIMG0020. KIMG0013. my woodgas stove and a pic of my wife's fugon or whatever she calls it, they are common in mexico for cooking outside

Gopherman likes this.
  1. hot diggity
  2. JC Refuge
  3. Andy the Aussie
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. ColtCarbine
  6. Prepper12
  7. Thunder5Ranch
  8. DKR
  9. DKR
  10. Hillbilly549
  11. DKR