G'day

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tipper, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Tipper

Tipper Monkey

Just thought I'd say Hi and a bit of info.

I got onboard serious prepping in '08,sold up and bought a doomstead out in the sticks for cash(No debt)and the rest turned out to be a 24/7 lifestyle living miles and miles away from other humans.Got some sheep/chickens and a veggie garden and I'm so into recycling others unwanted materials that I get called Tipper from some of my closest friends.I always thought that making something usable from things that get thrown away every day was a good starting point for the bad times to come,I have a knack for rebuilding and retro fitting things that others pay hard earned dollars for,I'm a cheap bastard.LOL.
    Tipper.

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

welcome to the monkey!

Nothing wrong with reusing and repurposing others "junk", sometimes thats the best way to go!

kellory likes this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

How hard was it to change your lifestyle and live in the sticks?

BTW- welcome to the Monkey!

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

welcome to the tree... we have several Aussies in residence.... who knows the next monkey you hear from could be a Koala;)

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome aboard Tipper!!

6. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Welcome aboard

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

[welcomeLG]

8. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome to the tree @Tipper!

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Tipper, you are not alone in your nation. Lots of folks I know are from "down under" and call me mate also. One just rotated out of Afghanistan and is back home with his family.

10. Tipper

Tipper Monkey

Back at you all.
    Now tell me,do I need to have an avatar?It doesn't really mean that much to me and I kinda like the arrow thingie that shows up being a male and all.

Motomoma it wasn't hard,to a certain extent I was already there in mind.Probably they only thing that isn't always easy is once you have critters to look after being away from home for any length of time becomes a hassle and most of our close friends live in other states.The peace we have out our way is well worth it's weight in gold and not having to deal with the un-prepared on a daily basis is bliss.

-06,not a real big fan of wars,like if I was defending mine then that's different,bring it on I say but the crap thats going on around the world it's just murder for minerals and such and probably the main reason for the state of things as they are.You never see the politicians at the front line.Glad to hear most of 'em get home,pity about the innocents.

Thanks all,see ya out there.

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

@Tipper , an avatar is simply a matter of self expression, nothing more. If you chose to keep the default one, no one will mind. You can always change it, if you change your mind. Be at peace.;)

12. Tipper

Tipper Monkey

Oh good,I saw the movie and while I like blue it aint gonna impress our sheep none.GRIN.
    Be at peace,ya know that's about 95% of it all 'eh.
    Thanks.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7