gear carrier

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by vegasrandall, Feb 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

I ran across this gadget on another site,it seems like a good idea for doubling your weight carrying ability.
    The Muletto: Little Mule Multi Cart only $159.99 at Garden Fun

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

That looks really cool, but there is no price mentioned, so it is probably very expensive.

And I wouldn't doubt that a person could make one similar, even the hand brake. I am glad that you posted this link. I have been thinking about a way to haul large game without tying up my hands, and this may be the perfect gizmo.

1 wheel, bicycle brake assembly, steel tubing, a little welding, a few pieces of hardware, some cordura straps and pads, and viola! Instant MULE.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What he said. I like the idea a lot for several reasons, but the lack of price info puts me off. Call for quote? Not likely. Forgot to check if there is a local dealer;as with many things, I gotta see it up close and personal or my plastic stays outa sight.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto, but since the company is in Memphis, I emailed them asking for the price and if there is someplace I can go to view/try the product.

I'll report back when/if I hear anything.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

My club has a long (150 yards or so) walk from the parking area to the range. First thing that popped into my head was that the carrier could save a couple trips carrying my "stuff" to the line.

6. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I have the parts to make that. The home away from home. Nice find. You could definitely haul out a deer with that.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, wouldn't be hard to cobble up something very similar! A cart or wheelbarrow wheel, some aluminum tubing, maybe be able to adapt it as a bicycle trailer too!

8. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

$999.95 plus S, H & Tax ..... !!!!!!

A trip to Tractor Supply with a C-note would cover it.

[fnny]

10. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

Go down to the youth ranch/thrift store/salvation army store/yard sale and look for a jog stroller that a yuppie mom is done with. It might set you back $20 bucks. It will have a hand brake and be strong enough to carry any thing you want to push over rough ground.

11. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

I've seen video crews using those off road baby strollers for equipment.they seem to work quite well. I want my luxuries,I just don't want to carry them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7