Gender - Biological or Social

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Aug 23, 2013.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Transgender = Failed Heterosexual

If they want to change then they can pay their own way.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

When I was twelve, I lived on a farm with my grandparents. While fishing out in the farm pond, I found an abandoned baby duckling. I took it back to the farm house and Mom (my grandmother) and I nursed it back to health. Well into maturity, that duckling thought I was either its mother, father or big brother. That is called imprinting. It happens with all creatures, some more easily than others and more long lasting; including humans.

It's biology.....

everything else is psychological.....

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You hit the nail on the head. Sexual confusion, deviation from biological roles are all indicators that we have it too good (as in no longer agrarian/survival based) so we no longer need the benefits of heterosexuality (children to replace us and take care of us as we age in an extended family) for survival. Unfortunately, this is at the point where civilization becomes most vulnerable. The vast majority no longer have the skills and wherewithal to survive the eventual breakdown.

IMO the indicator chain goes like this:
    1. Extended family replaced by nuclear family (leaving the farm for the city)
    2. Nuclear family replaced by single parent family dependent on government (Thank you Murphy Brown)
    3. Religion starts to become marginalized
    4. Men becoming marginalized and (not) responding by becoming perpetual adolescents.
    5. Homosexuality/Bisexuality emerges from the closet.
    6. Multiple "Baby Daddy" single parent families further breaking down family connections.
    7. Religion is perceived negatively, and religious people are looked down upon and eventually become persecuted
    8. Homosexuality/Bisexuality becomes celebrated over traditional family values
    9. Civilization hiccups...
    10. ...Splat
    So, here we are waiting for step 9... and hauling tooshie to prepare for the welfare of our families.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

3M-TA3 and ditch witch like this.
  5. Rocky Road Lerp

Rocky Road Lerp Monkey+++

FB_IMG_1446679433172. Just saw this and it made me laugh.

3M-TA3, Brokor, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

@HK_User

Transgender and Heterosexuality are two entirely different categories, not binaries of the same category.

Transgender relates to gender identity, not sexual orientation. Transgender men and women can be homosexual or heterosexual, or some other place on the continuum of sexual orientation, just as cisgender men and women can be heterosexual, homosexual or occupying some other place on the sexual orientation continuum. Your statement makes no coherent sense.

Your statement makes less sense than describing Christians = failed Jews, or Jews = failed Christians. At least Christians and Jews are of the same category... i.e. theists.

Most transgender folk have no option but to themselves defray the the costs of transitioning. It is as well to remember that cisgender folk benefit from the health insurance bought by transgender folk for services that transgender cannot make use of.

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

chelloveck likes this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Because of obama care i am forced to buy medical insurance for procedures i will never use either. So what? Transgeder operations are elective surgurey. There are people who want to be blind or paralyzed or have an arm or leg amputated. Seriously, it was on tv the other day. It doesn't make it right. Their body identities tell then that should be the case but insurance companies aren't forced to pay for it. I understand homosexuality. People love who they love and although i don't believe the same way they do if they are happy then that is ok. Transgender is an actual psychological problem. I understand if they want to live that way but i should not be forced to participate by tax payer funding of their "transition". What if my body is telling me i should have perfect vision to feel whole? Can i force the insurance company to pay for my lasik?

HK_User, Ganado and Sapper John like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Indeed we are, though it often feels like it isn't so, judging by the way some humans treat their fellow humans inhumanely. It needn't be so.

Ganado likes this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Unfortunately inhumanity is a common trait of humanity.

But in my opinion as a female i don't believe that a man who takes hormones and gets his schlong wacked off or turned inside out or what ever they do to it makes him a woman. He will never understand what it is like to be a woman any more than I understand what it would be like to be a man even if i took an crap load of testosterone and had a plastic surgeon fashion me a wiener. Sorry to be harsh but that is reality. male chromosomes are xy and females are xx. Every cell is my body is xx. All my eggs are only x. They have issues and i feel bad for them but they will never really be female. Look at the satisfaction rate of people with the surguery. Feels of satisfaction years after surgery isnt there. Now they are trying to "force" it on kids younger and younger. Oh the girl likes tanks and trucks she must be transgender. Instead of seeing that gender stereotypes themselves might be what is causing all the confusion. I was a tom boy growing up but i am not gay and not transgender. I am happily married to a wonderful man and we have a couple kids. Let people be people but don't expect me to pay for your elective surgery. Don't bring you wiener into the ladies locker room while my young daughter and I are in there changing after a swim. She has a right not to be exposed to that kind of stuff at her young age. Her rights trump your right to use the ladies room. Either use the room with the correct puumbing or use one of the unisex or "family" bathrooms that are around. I don't let my kids watch naughty movie and i certainly don't want them seeing other sex's junk in real life.

11. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

[clp][clp][clp]

Ganado likes this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

[bestpost]

Ganado likes this.
  13. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

1) gender is biological.

2) gender confusion isn’t medical. It’s an unfortunate idiosyncrasy of the individual.

3) no, the public shouldn’t pay for a change to for what appears to be a chronically unsatisfied person with even the most basic of topics.

14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Last word I got was there are a lot of em wanting to change back... not sure that's possible once they chop off so much of your willie... ohno

15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I look at the fact the we are changing established science male is male female is female. The purpose of gender is reproduction. We cannot change that and keep the function aspect. Just the feeling.

Everything else is a feeling or desire, there have been feminine men and masculine women forever.

BTPost and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Don't give a whit one way or t'other about what gender is. I remember successful reproductive biology being about two sexes... [touchdown][IHI]

I don't ever remember a discussion about gender anything in the course of my biology education, in fact. But, I'll never forget the day my 10th grade biology teacher announced that we'd be sexing worms today. [slow]

chelloveck likes this.
  17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

In my high school days, the only "genders" were the masculine and feminine words in German and French.
    People only had two sexes. And that was fine!

18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

In French, there was no word for a neutral gender. Even a screwdriver had a gender. Dunno what they are going to do now for some of these "it" people.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  19. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

thinkin a lot of this could be more about about a person sexuality then their actual gender?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7