George Washington

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Alpha Dog, May 28, 2012.

1. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I have taken this intrest over the past year of looking over how our Forfathers seen the future of America and what they knew would come to past. I Just like to share them and pass them on to others.

[FONT=border=]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]George Washington Quotes
    "Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals"
    "In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude"

"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."

"While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious not to violate the rights of conscience in others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to Him only in this case they are answerable
    "An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass"
    If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
    "How soon we forget history...Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
    "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism"
    "My first wish is to see this plague of mankind banished from the earth, and the sons and daughters of this world employed in more pleasing and innocent amusements, than in preparing implements and exercising them for the destruction of mankind"
    "I do not mean to exclude altogether the idea of patriotism. I know it exists, and I know it has done much in the present contest. But I will venture to assert, that a great and lasting war can never be supported on this principle alone. It must be aided by a prospect of interest, or some reward."
    "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained"
    "It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it."
    "When we assumed the Soldier, we did not lay aside the Citizen."
    "The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon"
    "War - An act of violence whose object is to constrain the enemy, to accomplish our will."
    "It is only after time has been given for a cool and deliberate reflection that the real voice of the people can be known"
    "The preservation of the sacred fire of liberty and the destiny of the republican model of government are justly considered... deeply, ...finally, staked on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people."
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    "The basis of our political system is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government"
    "Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession"
    "The administration of justice is the firmest pillar of government"
    "I earnestly pray that the Omnipotent Being who has not deserted the cause of America in the hour of its extremist hazard, will never yield so fair a heritage of freedom a prey to "Anarchy" or "Despotism""
    "Our own Country's Honor, all call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world. Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble Actions..."
    "It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it."
    "When a people shall have become incapable of governing themselves, and fit for a master, it is of little consequence from what quarter he comes"
    "Over grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty."
    [/FONT]

sgt peppersass, squiddley and Cephus like this.
  2. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Alpha ole boy, you just cant look to our forefathers anymore. The current political landscape in America makes it a hate crime or terrorist threat to invoke the ideals and principals of the founding fathers.

Seawolf1090, Sapper John and tulianr like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7