Germans told to 'stockpile food and water' in civil defence plan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Aug 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Those Krauts are clever, we know because we fought them in 2 World Wars. If they issue a request like this for the public you can bet your bottom dollar that some kind of ill wind is soon to descend in Germany. You can also bet that it will affect the US population in a negative fashion.

Homeland Security recommends that Americans stock 2 weeks of food in case of an emergency. How many have? On the other hand EO # 10998 allows the Federal Government to seize private stores of food in a national emergency. So there is a fine line to walk here that is not clearly defined in how much they consider as hoarding, evidently 2 weeks is OK, but has this been clearly defined?

Starvation is reached in 8 - 12 weeks, depending on your physical condition and stored fat reserves. Once you lose 30% of your bodyweight from not eating you are considered malnourished, once you lose 40% of your bodyweight from not eating there is no turning back - you are a dead man walking, if you can still walk..

Once the German's 10 days of food is gone or in our case the two weeks, what happens then? FEMA has been aggressively stockpiling food since 2013. Will it be rationed out to the public or hoarded for the government. Or will there be a selective distribution program where certain segments of the population are just left out and ignored.

Will the government see fit to raid homes for the food of those who had enough foresight to stock it for them and their families, spending their own money to do so, only to have it stolen from them at gunpoint by government goons following orders from their superiors?

Who's feeding all those people in LA that have had their lives disrupted by all the flooding? The POTUS seemed unconcerned as he played golf and celebrated Bill's birthday at Martha's Vineyard last week. At least Trump unloaded a box of relief supplies down there, even though it was basically just show, at least he showed up. In most of the film I see from the area the majority of the people who have been impacted by the flooding have been white, and a lot of them have been wearing side arms, something I'm sure the Fed's surely feel uncomfortable about. There are a lot of people in LA who hunt and fish for a lot of their calories.

Much to consider - food is of vital importance - more is better, but how much is too much - anybody got any answers?

Dunerunner, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

they better prep for lot more than ten days and get guns and ammo to protect what is theirs

Tully Mars likes this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Interesting!!! The Jerries are a pretty hardy lot, and they take things like this serious! They are also much better at following set orders like this then the U.S. is! For Us, I keep about a weeks worth in my trucks and the CAT for emergencies and that includes water and other survival gear! This comes from experience dealing with harsh winter conditions, knowing an accident or break down is likely! SO.........That's why I keep my rigs supplied! We have about two years of stored food at the home with another 6 months or so up at our "other place" and combined with the rigs we could ration it all for about three years completely off line from the rest of the world.

GOG, Cruisin Sloth, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

We will gladly give you food Tuesday if you let us chip you today.

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My thoughts also. I do need to keep reminding myself that this is coming from a news outlet so it could be inaccurate but Germany opened its doors to a flood of refugees and today I found this article:

Germany mulls bringing back compulsory military service

Germany mulls bringing back compulsory military service | News | DW.COM | 23.08.2016

6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Exactly Yard.
    When it comes that time we will go into what I call a war footing meaning everything will be conserved or rationed. At least until we can suss out the situation and see what other resources are becoming available and when they will be, ie: possible store resupply runs, gardens, hunting/fishing/trapping prospects ect.

You are speaking rhetorically, right?;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Ganado and Mountainman like this.
  7. Tully Mars

I respectfully disagree.
    It all depends on what and where you buy. We buy and use a good amount of prepackaged food. Stuff like the pasta n shells, pasta salad, red beans n rice,ect. We get these for $0.99 per box @ Aldi's or the dollar sections at a couple of different local stores. I don't think I can make these dishes for 99 cents from my stores of pasta,beans,rice canned goods, ect. Don't get me wrong, I can and will, but after the cheap quick to fix stuff is used up. Some of the .99 cent meals taste like crap, some don't. That's why we try the ones we think look good now. If we like them they are added to the list. Just some of what we do here at Casa Del Mars:)

Cruisin Sloth, Ganado and GOG like this.
  8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Don't forget canned bacon. It tastes good and it has tactical uses too. :cool:

Tully Mars and Oltymer like this.
  9. Tully Mars

I must be honest.
    I've never tried canned bacon.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have. You will like Yoders if you go that route.

GOG, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  11. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

How many pieces of bacon b in one?

12. Tully Mars

13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I agree on what your post is about.
    Im saying a Winco bag of bean soup mix is 36$ and 25# , while if ya bought lentils & beans plus all the rest of to mix , YOU would be farther ahead . I know , We buy bulk & measure the difference .'
    "MAC & CHEESE " , buy the noodles (sp my early) & cheese additive (an editable oil product ) will be down to 25c .
    Thats all I was trying to get across .

Them who can't cook are going to be the largest problem .

Sloth

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  14. Tully Mars

Gotcha, misunderstood:)

Agree 100%

15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Tully Mars likes this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Has any one ever canned bacon grease ???

17. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I save all my bacon grease in a coffee can so I can use it later either for cooking or for mixing in with the dog's food for a treat. If muzzie terrorists invade my home and I can't get to a weapon, the bacon grease can is my Alamo. :D

Ganado likes this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I bake my bacon in the oven because I cook 2-3 lbs at a time and then put it I the freezer. I don't get alot of Grease left over what I do get I just put in fridge if I'm not using it within a week or so.

I don't see any need to can bacon fat.

I would be interested in what your thinking is for preserving bacon fat. What are you thinking of using it for? @arleigh

19. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Any old school cookbook has page after page of recipes using bacon grease - it is the stuff of life.

15 Ways to Use Bacon Fat Slideshow Photos - Bon Appétit

28 Delicious Ways To Use Leftover Bacon Fat

10 Mouthwatering Recipes Using Bacon Fat

Bacon makes life worth living (well, OK, makes it better, certainly)

20. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am told that grease does not store well , but if you could, it would be nice to have ,post SHTF and bacon sources are used up.
    Something about adding that bacon flavor to food that makes it more appetizing .
    I don't cook it hard and crispy, I like it soft and pliable ,doing that I recover lots of good grease from it .and the food value is maintained . Cooked too much all the food value is destroyed . what good is that ?
    the body lives on living tissue .dead and stale tissue is what's killing us.

1. 3M-TA3
  2. Bandit99
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Motomom34
  9. Oltymer
  10. 3M-TA3
  11. duane
  12. AD1