Get Your Seeds

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by BrokenBiker, May 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BrokenBiker

BrokenBiker Monkey++

BREAKING: European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/health_consumer/pressroom/docs/proposal_aphp_en.pdf

Although the NaturalNews article states that any gardener would soon become criminal, the draft document (*.pdf) states that it only applies to professionals. However, it only vaguely defines professionals. Knowing Europe, I would not be surprised if this included the small, local farmer/individual who just wanted to sell a few items at the local market.

The draft also states that imports must meet the EU requirements as prescribed in the draft. Which means that we will need to comply with their regulations if we are to trade with them.

I'm sure the end result of this will be a severe shrinkage in the supply of heirloom seeds and the expedient vertical growth of corporation-based seed/farming companies. In short: bad for the little guy, good for the big guy.

Buy your seeds.

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Every time I go thru the hardware store I grab a few packs of various heirloom seeds and add to my stash. Just as a habit and over time it has grown pretty well to where I feel I can raise a nice couple of crop's initially. Then it is just about harvesting seed and starting over once again....

1. HK_User
  2. greathomesteader
  3. marlas1too
  4. Oltymer
  5. TXKajun
  6. TheJackBull
  7. Motomom34
  8. Gopherman
  9. VHestin
  10. Mindgrinder
  11. chelloveck
  12. Matteo10572