getting concerned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Sharpie44, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

I know I don’t fallow the news as much as I should when it comes to new gun laws but I’m getting a little concerned.

I just got my first auto loader and I find out that it might be illegal again. I’m not even sure if the bayonet and bayonet lug I have for it is legal to have on the gun now. I don’t have them on just in case it’s not.

The new knife law that will ban any knife that can be opened with one hand gets rid of everything in my collection but my swiss army knife and my bayonets. Even my hunting knife is out.

So what’s the chance that we will actually see another ban on semi auto’s? I’m a little behind in the news and I’m getting concerned.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I haven't seen that anything says the knives we have now are or will be illegal - they just can't be imported into the US?

And what makes your SA rifle illegal? NO antigun legislation has passed yet that I am aware of. Don't know about Ohio-specific laws, but nothing YET from bobo and his cronies.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

SKS guys. Aren't there some regulations about the sks that preclude removing the bayonet for some incomphrehensible govt reason?

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

That was back in '93. It only pertained to the Chinese SKS's at that time. I remeber when the Yugo SKS's were imported starting in the late 90's which was allowed to be sold with the bayonets because they were classified as curio's and relics. Go figure

5. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

I'm talking about the possibility of a new assault rifle ban. I keep hearing things about plans for one but no real hard core evidence.

The knife law on the other hand is a real possibility right now. The ATF is pushing it, you can find info on the NRA youtube channel in there news videos. Here is a link to a video on it.
    YouTube- TNP Call to Action: CBP Outlaws Knives

6. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

The ATF has been this way for the last 30 years, they have always tried to implement new regulations without congress passing any laws. As draconian as most of their proposed regs are, most do not become a regulation, but a few do, as such as the bayonet removal required on the Chinese SKS's.

7. Sharpie44

Sharpie44 Monkey++

Wasn't that because it has a bayo that dusn't comply with the Geneva convention?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7