Getting your internet license?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Clyde, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

See this is BS....
    You were beat to the punch.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Its so "They" can keep track of Broker ..[aiw]

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

.....and, that's some sort of problem?[dunno]

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

lol, I have nothing to hide from the government. It's the idiots within certain sectors of government I have to worry about. These fools are scared and willing to do almost anything to destroy anything that is not politically correct...well, let's see them try to take out a well decorated combat veteran for no reason. ;)

Let the media hope these guys in government have a contingency plan if they can't continue to convince the majority of people that they are justified in turning patriots into criminals.

I hope for a peaceful solution. We all should know how far hope can take us, however...

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

[aiw][fnny]

7. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Amen Broker

8. spero

spero Monkey+

I showed this article to another student at college and he asked me how much longer must America be in this awkward stage. any answers for him?

:rolleyes:

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

"any answers for him?" Sure... I'll offer up an opinion about how long we'll be in this awkward position... until there's a Libertarian or a Republican in the oval office for a few terms.... 2012 will be here before we know it. I'd suggest with sincerity that they stop voting for Democrats. It's not easy kicking the habit.... going cold turkey helps. ;)

10. ProfessorRico

ProfessorRico Monkey+

You can't stop the signal. We will find ways to get online freely. You can still do everything you normally do...drive a car, for example...without actually having a license.

IT cop workaround. I think it's called Linux.

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

this from Brokor
    GuyFawkesEgyptianInternet-450x325.

12. melbo

This is actually pretty important. What grounds, authority or jurisdiction does ICE have over a sports site? Insanity that people didn't light torches and grab pitchforks.

Just try to seize the monkey...
    dhs.JPG

13. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Please tell me you used photoshop or something to add the name of this website to the above document.
    --
    How would an ordinary person like me be able to get to my bookmarks to threads at this website and other things that are important to me like making candles and butchering rabbits at DIY blogs or even YouTube?
    --
    I know we tried broadband service. It did not work. We had a direct path to the tower from our roof however it was obstructed once the trees leafed out in spring.

14. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

nope check it out;
    Popular video streaming websites seized, Super Bowl XLV streams in jeopardy - Yahoo! Sports

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol: What has ICE got to do with it?

16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

Evidently the attachments from two different threads look the same unless one opens them both which.... I did not do. My bad.
    This was my point of reference however it came from another thread. In enlarging it, I am able to see what appears to be a few "additions". If this has happened and there's no cage rattling going on.... I feel horrible for all you people putting so much time in here.
    Untitled doc.

17. melbo

Yeah, that one was a Clyde addition and was not a real ICE takedown notice.

18. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

and things like e-mail? Broadband is out for us.... too many trees. I've read folk suggesting Linux.... have no clue what that is. That leaves me stuck downloading every DIY video which is probably a no go since I don't know how much my hard drive can hold and then I'm stuck saving PDFs and.... I'll have to remember where I put those and this is sounding like it's going to be a big problem for somebody like me who uses the internet as a tool and a way to stay informed. I don't watch tv... I'm spotty on listening to the radio.
    --
    I'm pretty convinced they'll determine it in the people's best interests to shut down the internet at some point in time so if there's anything I can do to stay online... it's probably a good idea for me to start doing something now.
    --
    melbo> Thank you for the clarification. I was wondering about that since I'd read they gave themselves the power to take down websites. I figured they start with the websites that were actually helping people steal music for their Ipods then move on to what they really wanted to take down all along. I'd never seen an ICE take down before but my understanding was they were very real.

19. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Monkey++

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/reading-room/18989-web-documentary-site.html
    I really think I do want help.... while I've still got a connection and have time to do something. How would an ordinary person like me stay online to get access to all the PDFs that I've subscribed to here that are being added as well as to DIY sites where I've bookmarked pages. I have an older computer with a Windows XP operating system. One of our kids has a laptop with a Windows 7 OS and I don't know what my husband has.... it's a newer IBM laptop from his work.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It really depends on you location, and what ISPs are available to you at your place. I have a blog, that talks about many of these issues. The Alaska Wilderness Communications blog, has a Section on Internet, as well as another Section in the Communications Do-Dads blog. Both are about a 15 -20 minute read....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7