Girls & __________ threads

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by melbo, Aug 12, 2015.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

In regard to the increasingly popular threads about girls and fishing, girls and guns, girls and whatever, please note that although point 3 of our Code of Conduct does not expressly prohibit any one of these individual images, the intent of SM is to be a discussion community based around survival & preparedness.
    When these threads were in the Inferno, they could pretty much be ignored by those who didn't want to participate. The problem is that this content seems to be spreading to other areas of the forum and risque images are now popping up on the main pages as 'random media'.

This is another one of those situation where our CoC struggles with gray areas and administrative interpretation is required. Please note this and refrain from creating threads of this nature.

Thank you

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thank you Thank you thank you

Bear, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Speaking purely from the standpoint of a total misogynist that believes the downfall of our Republic began with allowing women not only out of the kitchen where they belong, but actually let them vote, I agree we shouldn't show them off in such attractive attire, especially festooned with firearms and fish!

Gopherman, Bear, Motomom34 and 6 others like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Kidding aside, Respect begins with respect. I get so frustrated that so many feel the need to reduce their fellow man to something that degrades them. We have a wonderful little cyber community here, a tribe, of sorts and respect needs to be shown across the board.

Tully Mars, Bear, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

you are so kind :)

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oh man....and I have been trying so hard to make those threads tasteful!

I had thought of starting a thread called..."women with bags over their heads"...but after checking Google images, many seem to be wearing a bag over their head, with little to almost nothing else covering the rest of them. ;)

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

As one of the few active female members of the site, I would like to request that the T & A pictures of women be kept out of the motivational posters thread. We have the Girls & _______ threads and now the Coffee thread, which is where the T & A images should go IMO. I personally would appreciate those images being contained to those places.

Oddcaliber, Ganado, Meat and 3 others like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If the picture depicts women with clothing on and there's nothing violating the CoC, then it's good.
    Although there's no harm in asking or obliging out of being courteous, demanding members post pictures of females only in certain areas is a little too LIBERAL and ridiculous for my tastes. But, that being said, let's not go overboard and be stupid about things, either.

Thunder5Ranch, Yard Dart and Meat like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The threads are flagged and/or in the inferno for the very reason that they can be avoided. If they turn up anywhere else, a mod can move them.

10. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

As an original female member I came to the conclusion that unless the CoC was violated, no harm no foul. Those images that hint at bordering that line and inappropriate for view by the general public should only be posted to or moved to the inferno.

oldawg, Yard Dart, BTPost and 5 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7