Give me the skinny on Magpul GL9 mags?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Modus Operandi, Jan 22, 2020.

1. I have finger banged a couple, they are lighter than an OEM Glock mag. The OEM mags have a steel liner, Magpul doesn't. Thoughts and opinions are being solicited (but no sketchy bag door deals, you dirty apes). Would you trust your life with them or just use for training?

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

aint got none but we gots handmade GL 88s with 2080s

dirty ape #2 (y) (y)

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

In my experience, Magpul makes top notch stuff but no experience with the mags your seeking, so..............
    Sorry, not much help here!

Tully Mars, sec_monkey and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have a few for my 17 and 21SF. They have given me no problems and seem to function identically to the factory Glock mags.

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have two and use only them on the range and never had a problem with either of them. I probably got a thousand rounds through each of them by now... I would buy them again and I would trust them as much as any or the original Glock mags.

6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I have some (but haven't made it to the range, yet, to test them out), for my G17.

A buddy of mine built an AR-9 rifle, and uses the Magpul 9mm mags, for a G17, and said they worked well, in that regard.

7. Ok, tried out a Magpul G9 mag fur a Glock 19 80% polymer build (Gen 3 style). Magazines are lighter than Glock OEM mags as they don't have a steel liner. Feeding, no issues. Were the mags drop free? Yes. Any malfunctions? No. Would I carry them on a daily basis? The jury is still out on that. But for training, they will work great. I would regulate these mags as second tier supplies to be used after OEM mags are damaged/destroyed/lost. And for $8 and some change, worth the money.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7