Global Cooling Is Coming and Beware the Big Chill, Scientist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, May 20, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Global Cooling Is Coming -- and Beware the Big Chill, Scientist Warns<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Will Someone make up my damn mind, it is global or global cooling???

How in the hell is al gore supposed to make money ?????? I "feel" for him and his lack of funding

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

<SNIP>

The hottest new trend in climate may be global cooling, some researchers say.

Contrary to the commonly held scientific conclusion that the Earth is getting warmer, Dr. Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University
    and author of more than 150 peer-reviewed papers, has unveiled evidence for his prediction that global cooling is coming soon.

“Rather than global warming at a rate of 1 F per decade, records of past natural cycles indicate there may be global cooling for the first few decades of the 21st century to about 2030,” said Easterbrook, speaking on a scientific panel discussion with other climatologists. This, he says, will likely be followed by “global warming from about 2030 to 2060,” which will then be followed by another cooling spell from 2060 to 2090

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I can't wait for Fat Al to start touting burning more coal to generate more greenhouse gasses to warm the planet.

Funny, isn't it, how his yammer has lessened since the false global warming data was exposed? He's done the turtle thing, I guess.

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Hmmm ... cycles after cycles after cycles. How can that be? Does the sun do cycles also? Why yes it does. Did we have serious tropical warming long long before the industrial age and holes in the ozone. Well I don't think at the time of Knights we had anyone aware of what ozone was but it sure as hell got hot. Its all in recorded history for anyone to examine with a little searching. Global warming is and always has been a hoax. Let me rephrase; global warming and cooling has always occured on earth as normal event cycles.

Brokor likes this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Warming..... cooling...... ain't nothing. Fat Al is still laughing all the way to the bank.

5. ralfy

ralfy Monkey+

6. ghrit

That is political science, not the real thing. If I get to pick and choose the numbers, I can prove statistically that the earth is flat.

Sapper John, kellory, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

"Statistics" is one of the more shameless words in the dictionary, making the word "whore" seem respectable by comparison, due to it's eagerness to please the speaker's wishes without reservation. Only the words "politician" and "bureaucrat" bear more shame.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Glad I will NOT live that long, to see it coming..... whatever happens in 20-30 years.....

10. ghrit

Mostly, yeah. Statistics are a really useful tool, used properly and ethically, and applied to real numbers. Entirely too often, they aren't, and that is usually in the soft "sciences."

mysterymet, Ganado and Brokor like this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@ghrit. Soft science and you forgot politics. :)

12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The term political science is an oxymoron.

BTPost and ghrit like this.
  1. DKR
  2. Meat
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Motomom34
  5. tacmotusn
  6. tacmotusn
  7. Seacowboys
  8. Quigley_Sharps
  9. Quigley_Sharps
  10. hacon1
  11. ghrit