Global Warming again!

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by oldbee1966, Nov 25, 2018.

1. oldbee1966

oldbee1966 Monkey+++

GLOBAL WARNING

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast cities uninhabitable.

I must apologize. I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post 96 years ago.

This must all have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions...or possibly from horse and cattle farts.

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3, HK_User and 7 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

What's old is new again...

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Rehash

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Well, then you've got this yahoo, who says that what Trump and the GOP have done in office, against "climate change", is a "crime against humanity". In his mind, likely right up there with the holocaust! :eek:o_O

When science became all about winning the limited supply of research funding, the results started coming into question....but I guess I might be labeled a heretic, for stating that, out loud!! :rolleyes::LOL:

President Trump's failure to fight climate change is a crime against humanity (Opinion) - CNN

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  5. Borrego

Borrego Monkey

This channel has a bunch of good videos on the subject....

6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

The new studies actually show that while the icebergs are covering less surface area, they are taller, and we actually have more actual ice on the poles than 10 years ago.

7. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Its all got to be true, so they can tax it.

8. HK_User

And so they can blame us and control us.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah that's the thing.
    With man made global warming it was supposed to get hotter and hotter almost every single year, until we all died.
    The globull warming belivers insist the sun has nothing to do with climate change, man made or not.

But last week I see an article about nasa where they are saying to expect cooler temperatures over at least the next 11 years.

We will soon know for sure one way or the other. China is pumping out "the worst case scenario" for CO2 emissions projections according to the ipcc.
    World CO2 emissions have also been "worst case scenario" but there has been very little warming, we got less than half the warming they said we would get.
    So in the coming years, If it warms up, maybe they are correct.
    If it cools down over the next decade then they were all wrong and man is not the driving force behind climate change.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was open to believing in man made global warming about 13 yeara ago until it was apparent the government wasn't interested in saving the world. No just another excuse to further tax, control and overall lower our standard of living.

The government and most of the believers wouldn't even consider oil energy independence or nuclear power so I knew they were full of it. Some how they (the government and belivers) thought at if we put up millions of solar panels then there would be no more wars for oil and gas prices would go down.
    Although no one was ever able to explain how putting up solar panels makes us use less oil.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well, I'm going to go with the horse and cow farts . Ford would not intentionally do anything to harm the atmosphere and ruin a good sales run.
    I have done extensive testing on this subject , and at great expense to myself , and former relationships . I have eaten tons of beans of every kind , and cabbage , boiled , with salt cured pork . And the results have always been , its warmer under the covers that night . But there is sometimes left , an unsavory odor . But this seems to bother my relationship partner more than me . But I feel , it's what I needed to do to help the future of our planet . So I suggest eating more beans in the colder months of the year in your area .
    It's for the good of the environment .

Ura-Ki, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. HK_User

It's for the good of the Bean Farmers Bottom Line.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Global Warming will require a Global Government to fix. One World Government is all that can save mankind. Been hearing in it for decades.

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3, Seawolf1090 and 4 others like this.
  14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Wonder how far this will go when temps start dropping dramatically over the next few years..

15. HK_User

I'll add more insulation, like 12 inches of spray foam.

16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

140 sea turtles found dead of the coast of Cape Cod. Frozen to death. Sea water so cold, it was 'slushy'.

And it is only going to get colder.

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They will just have to work that much harder faking the temperature data.

18. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Or claim.... It has to get colder before it can get warmer! [LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"Global Warming" has already been replaced with "Hunan Caused Climate Change", then they can scream bloody murder at us whether it heats up or freazes. Anything to push the agenda.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, T. Riley and 2 others like this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

140 sea turtles found dead of the coast of Cape Cod. Frozen to death. Sea water so cold, it was 'slushy'.

And it is only going to get colder.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7