Global Warming again!

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by oldbee1966, Nov 25, 2018.

1. BenP

BenP Monkey++

I have looked at the data in the past and it seems it has gotten slightly warmer but I don't think you can cut down the number of trees and lay as much blacktop as we have and expect the temperature to stay the same. However, I think people have taken this small increase in temperature, formed some wild theories, and turned it into a doomsday scenario that sells news and .GOV funding. There is more that we don't know about our planet and the sun than we know. One big problem I see is if the ocean levels rise and we loose some of these liberal coastal cities those antifa nuts might move out to the country near us.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Global Warming again!
    Really, just check the snow storm across the US
    [​IMG]
    At least four million people are under blizzard warnings around the country, and the Kansas governor has issued an emergency declaration as snow and rain impact holiday travelers. CNN's Ivan Cabrera has more.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Maybe we can get them to build a wall....... and make them pay for it.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Global warming is a sham, always has been! Since the dawn of the Steam Age, the world has been burning coal at alarming rates, and yet the last 180 years have seen only a tick if that rise in temps, so there is zero bases in facts to support any claims! One volcano eruption will produce the same amount of C02 and other noxious gases as the last 100 years of man made pollution, so we know full well man kind has had nothing to do with any so called global warming! What's far more serious are the two world wars and subsequent oil spills we have going on daily, far more damaging to the environment, and yet, Oil is a 100 percent natural occurrence and our oceans have been able to cope and even recover far better then ever dreamed, so you can't blame oil ether! Plastics and other synthetics, yea, we gotta get a handle on that, but it's a far smaller problem then folks are making it!

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The last time I ran the numbers, mankind is the source of 0.1% of the "greenhouse gasses". Solar activity is still the driver for the Earth's climate. Note that it has also been much hotter prior to man's existence let alone industrial activity.

@Ura-Ki has it dead right above. This is nothing more than a mechanism to undermine Capitalism/free enterprise and place them under Government control. Note that the environmental movements occurred just about the time that the Soviet Union broke up and were started by leftists. Michael Crichton wrote an excellent book on the subject of political environmentalism that while fictional was based in truth.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I hear that sea turtles are good eating...Just say'n

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Gopher tortoises are very good eating! So is King Woodpecker. That was before they were "protected".
    Alligator Snapping Turtle tastes alright, but is tough and stringy.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Good, now they can be harvested without wasting any fuel to freeze them.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7