Going Primal - My 90 Day Journey to Health

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by melbo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

2. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Love the concept of the bacon bowl but it's been suggested that you can do this with a muffin tin and have something a little smaller, equally effective, and more portable, and it may only use one strip of bacon. I plan on trying it myself, later on.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

My wife uses a muffin pan. Lines the muffin cups with bacon and the drops an egg, jalapeños and a little cheese in and bakes until the egg is done. I'll grab a picture tomorrow morn.

Yard Dart and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  5. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

has anyone tryed the coliflower mashed potatoes???
    the wife also made a pizza and she used coliflower as the the crust and it was dam good!!!!
    ITs a think crust of course

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I have love them with some garlic. Haven't made that pizza crust yet.
    We make it with:
    2 cups almond flour
    2eggs
    Teaspoon of olive oil
    Pinch of salt
    Mix into a cookie dough consistency roll out paper thin in a pizza pan. Bake at 350 for 15 mins.
    Pull out add toppings bake again at 350 for 15 mins.
    Pretty good I like think crust pizzas though.
    We pre make the dough by, wrapping in Saran wrap and keep in the fridge and cook at a later date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sapper John likes this.
  7. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

NICE!!!
    She also makes me some bread sticks its the pizza crust ,the the pissa toppings ...
    I like to dip it in some sauce and put some parm cheese on it ....
    I would share recipiec nut i dont do the cooking the wife does it !!!!

She is trying to make some french fries by freezing the shit {whatever it is} and cutting it but i dont think it is working out to well cause i aint got none yet!!!!!! but anyway it is good

you cant convince the kids it is coliflower!!!!

Quigley_Sharps and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

I bought a head of cauliflower this weekend and I'm going to make it this week. The spaghetti squash was a big hit, so I'm optimistic about these "mashed potato" wanna-bes too! Still working on the tortilla and pizza dough idea...

9. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

hey i am a big pizza critic and the pizza was great espicaly for what it is !!!!

Try just making cheesey bread sticks to start and then try the pizza
    trust me im no health freak and dont take change very well and i loved it !!!!

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Pizza, is it's own Food Group......

kellory likes this.
  11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Just a quick update on the Ginger Ale. Made a new 2 liter batch 4 days ago. It "aged" for 48 hours in a cool dark place, and went into the fridge, and is continuing the aging process. In about a week we'll crack one and begin the "laborious" process of drinking our primal Ginger Ale.

12. Falcon15

I make cauliflower "faux"-tatoes frequently. Fresh cauliflower works best. Frozen cauliflower is OK, but tricky because of the water content and the softness imparted on the cauliflower by the freezing process. I have three picky eaters in my house, my kids, and they cannot get ENOUGH of the faux-tatoes.

A few tips:
    Cook the cauliflower florets until just done (still somewhat firm).
    Make sure you pat them dry with a clean towel to reduce any additional unwanted moisture
    Use a potato ricer over a food processor or blender, the texture is better.
    We add roasted garlic and a touch of Parmesan cheese.

13. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My wife made the cauliflower mashed potatoes. Even the kids ate it and they don't like cauliflower (broccoli yes, cauliflower no, go figure).

Superbowl sunday we spend the day making meals (or at least the meat portion) for the week.
    Paleo meat balls (beef & pork)
    Turkey balls (buffalo style)
    Turkey Parmesan Balls
    Pork Chops
    Turkey Legs w/ stuffed jalapeno (and for the little ones we did stuffed the snack sized sweet peppers)

Funny thing is I was grilling some of it in the lovely 32* weather we were having, the week before I was out grilling in 20* weather. Yeah, I love some grilled food.
    Might do some salmon this weekend, been a while since we've had salmon

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  14. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

and get that bacon deep fried in thr fryer !!!
    Also my favorite drink besides a cold glass of water is captain morgans and diet coke .... no carb !!!!

15. melbo

Problem is that the deep fryer is full of non-primal vegetable oils. Fry it in butter or it's own fat.
    I won't touch corn, canola, crisco, sunflower, safflower or any of the other 'heart healthy' nut, seed or vegetable oils as they are unstable and prone to oxidation which is the #2 thing I avoid. #1 being wheat.

I also wouldn't touch that diet coke... artificial colors, artificial flavors, a bunch of chemicals I can't pronounce and aspartame which is actually more of a mind drug than a sweetener. It's also carcinogenic.

KAS and Falcon15 like this.
  16. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good points, I gave up diet cokes 2 weeks ago. had one day in the store checking out I thought, 'hmm, that DC would taste great right now.' I waited and and a glass of water at home instead. If I'm thirsty, DC ain't gonna quench that!

17. Falcon15

[​IMG]

18. melbo

need a double like button
    Someday we'll be there Falc

Falcon15 likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I just ordered the blueprint and cookbook from the library. I met with a natural healer/doctor last week and it wasn't good. I am going to have to start a whole new way of cooking. My first thought was @melbo 's primal threads. I getting the cook book to check it out and if the ingredients are on my okay to eat list then I will purchase it and toss out my no-longer-an-option Fanny Farmer cookbook

melbo likes this.
  20. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

Well I started this morning using what I read here so far. Can't give up my energy mix though it has sugar but no high fructose corn syrup so I guess its better. What about Honey? Since I'm on this boat its gonna be hard to follow this diet as meat potatoes and few canned veggies is about the only thing we get that isn't possessed with soy

Height 6 foot
    About 295 lbs.
    Physical work with lots of heavy lifting

1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Ariasmith
  10. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. jefferson
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7