1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Gold or Silver

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by TNZ71, Sep 9, 2008.

1. TNZ71

Silver down around 40%, Gold down about 20% from it's high. Am I missing something?
  2. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Yeah The American Economy is trying to get back up after King Saud Raped us...
  3. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

Yes. Can you spell M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N?
  4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

Buy it while it is low. I hope it is this low when tax-return season comes around.
  5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

That is the major problem, would like to buy but cant find any to buy. The government has suspended all sales of liberty eagles untill further notice. I have been able to by 1 ounce silver here and thier, but still not enough to feel comfortable with.

We also need to take into account the mines in South Africa shutting down due to a lack of basic resources to operate the mines. Buy what you can because these low prices will not last.
  6. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Im gonna wager that this is going to be a continuing trend for the next few months.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

With the dollar rising (however slowly) PMs will just naturally drop. I fail to see any surprises coming. I think the dollar will resume a downward trend.
  8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++ Site Supporter

Care to make a wager that the downward trend begins after the election?
  9. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

good time to but some pre-1964 coins. at $10.00 per dollar face thats $72.50 for a roll of quarters.
  10. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

I take it no one here agrees with the deflationists, who believe that the money supply will shrink because of all the defaults and bankruptcies?
  11. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

well i don't trust paper. i guess i kinda have to i accept a check from work and i use it to work the stock market and pay bills.
  12. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

...Try buying at those prices.

Not saying it's impossible, but it's hard.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary