Gomer plays with propane tanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gomer, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gomer

gomer Hooligan

I just got done cutting a fancy hole in a propane tank so my buddy can have a cool looking fireplace without the fire department giving him crap. He's a hard workin' cat struggling to make ends meet. Two small kids and a wife with medical problems make that hard for him. So I talked him out of a pair of these tanks. Can't get them filled since they're not equipped with OPDs and he can't afford the upgrade. Since his propane company rents him new tanks for next to nothing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I imagine he'll get some enjoyment out of it.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Someday I'm gonna get one of those really big ones and build a personal submarine...should dive o. k[dunno]foosed[sinking][nothome][sinking][sinking].[rofllmao][gone]

3. OzarkSaints

OzarkSaints Monkey++

that's cool as ****![winkthumb]

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A buddy down here works for a propane company, and is a pretty good welder - he takes old tanks and makes BBQ cookers from them! His best one can handle a whole pig, and is built to resemble a piggy - nose, eyes & ears, tail, even teats made from sparkplugs! It's mounted on a modified boat trailer. He has a bunch of smaller 'pig cookers' made from 20lb tanks - they get spaced around as 'the piglets'. Really cool thing to tow ina local parade with one of his vintage tractors - with the meat slow cooking. Then later, folks get a good meal! Gotta love the country life! [winkthumb]

Don't know about the submarine - that mild steel won't take too much pressure, I think! But in our shallow coastal waters, it could be fun!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7