Gone Fishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

How do you go fishing? Are you traditional with a tackle box by your side, a vest loaded down, backpack, or other? It is that time of year to get out there for the spring/summer fishing season. Lets see how you do it!! Here is my Cabela's pack that I carry for most adventures...... :)

20160613_165534_resized.
    20160613_165812_resized.
    20160613_165334_resized.

20160613_165409_resized.

[​IMG]

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Just getting started. I don't have a damned thing but I am heading to the store this week to get a pole and what ever else I can find. Any recommendations?

GOG likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

A large wad of cash........ ;)

Just kidding. I like the backpack to walk into a favorite hole on the river or into a high mountain lake. If you have a boat, tackle boxes come in 100 flavors and work great!!

Salted Weapon likes this.
  4. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

First I get my gear together , use a small pack. Then go fishing, I leave an hour early to head home so
    I can stop off at Albertsons and get some fish, rub it on my shoes and shirt so I look like I did well.

Seriously take basics nothing much just pack and some tools about it.

Ganado, Yard Dart and Homer Simpson like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

I have never have had more fun fishing than with a cane pole, night crawlers, and a bobber, when I was a kid. The tools aren't important, sitting on the bank or in the boat is. My grand dad or my parents took me fishing, we talked for hours, enjoyed the sun and the scene, if I remember right we may even caught a few fish, but that is not what I remember 70 years later.

Gator 45/70, GOG, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I like this pack idea, it certainly is much easier to carry then a traditional tackle box. The tackle boxes are clunky. We also had a little igloo cooler that had fishing supplies in it. Cooler helped keep the live bait from cooking in the heat.

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The ice chest stays in the truck, that's for the beer...eh, uh Catch! I have a small ballistic nylon bag with a shoulder strap that carries my tackle. It leaves me two hands free, except to tote my spinning or fly rod.

Now if I'm using my inflatable pontoon boat, that's different....but not much.

[​IMG]

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Very nice. How long does it take to set up and get ready to launch one of those things? How long for stowage for travel? Any issues to be aware of? I've looked at those before, but didn't know anyone with one.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    GOG and kellory like this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Thanks for the info. Very cool for calm days on the water.

11. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Fishing with Haj

Salted Weapon likes this.
  12. duane

duane Monkey+++

Never fished with a rpg, but saw telephone wire hauled across a river with a bazako so I guess it would work. Gernades are better for fishing if you are sober.

13. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

14. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

15. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

image.

image.

Ganado, Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  16. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I'd probably jump right out of the water for that!! Even with the secret decoder flask!

AD1 likes this.
  17. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

A friend who was to go with me, had to go to the "dirt" and F with bad guys so I sent him the photo which pissed him off [YD]

Ganado, Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

The Texas Salesman (U)
    A keen Texas lad applied for a salesman's job at a city department store. The store was the biggest in the world and sold everythingunder the sun.

At the interview, the boss took an immediate liking to the lad and told him he could start the next day. "I'll come and see how you made out after we close up," the boss said.

The day was long and hard for the young man, but finally it was 5 o'clock. The boss closed up the store and found the lad sitting,slumped and exhausted, in a chair. "How many sales did you make today?" the boss asked.

"One," said the lad.

"One?" said the boss, obviously displeased. "Most of the sales people on my staff make 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale worth?"

"Exactly $101,334.53," said the young man.

"How did you manage that?" asked the boss, flabbergasted.

"Well," said the lad, "this man came in and I sold him a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and finally a really large hook. ThenI sold him a small fishing line, a medium one, and huge one. I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said he was going down the coast. I said he'd probably need a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and sold him that fancy 22-foot Chris Craft with twin engines. Then he said his Honda Civic probably wouldn't be able to handle the load, so I took him to the vehicle department and sold him a new GMC 1-ton pickup truck."

"You sold all that to guy who came in for a fish hook?" the boss asked in astonishment.

"He didn't come in to buy a fish hook," the Texas boy explained. "He came in to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said tohim, 'Your weekend's shot. You might as well go fishing.' "

Brokor, AD1, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

/\ /\ /\ [LMAO]

1. chelloveck
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Bishop
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft