Gone in 30 minutes. What happens after a house fire. blog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

http://gonein30minutesblog.blogspot.com/

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I ran across this and after having to deal with my parents home loss I thought as he updates this it might be some great info for us to follow.

BTPost likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Fire is my worst case prep need. So it should be for all, says me, and maybe me only. It can happen too fast to fight. (Obviously.)

oldawg likes this.
  4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Great information. I work with a lot of restoration guys and their stories are sad indeed.

5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You can buy residential sprinkler systems. They do work. Seen it before a couple times the fire was out before we got there! (VFD)

6. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

Having lost a home to fire, I feel for that family. There is much we can learn from the experience of others if we will listen and act. From experience I can tell you that having an inventory of your belongings before a fire is a hugh step towards avoiding days worth of effort trying to reconstruct an itemized list from memory. Even if you do not conduct an inventory of your belongings, it is well worth taking detailed photos/video of your stuff. Detail each wall, floor, ceiling, closet and cabinet. It saved me when I produced a picture of a lamp worth $400 that the adjuster said was a $40 item. Also remember from day one that the adjusters work for the Insurance company and do not have your best interests in mind. I will follow the blog to see if I can gain any new insights on how to be better prepared.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7