Good Bye Rocket Man... R.I.P. John Glenn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dunerunner, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Farewell to a true space pioneer....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tully Mars, 3M-TA3, rockriver and 6 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not many true American Hero's left in this world of ours, Blessings to him on this next journey, God Speed Rocket man!!!

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

May he find friends in the next journey !

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Great honors for a real hero and very human guy! Rest In Peace, Sir!

rockriver, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

He boldly went where few have ever been.....props to John G!

6. duane

duane Monkey+++

One by one we are losing the original pioneers of flight, learned to fly in fabric planes, flew in space, defended the nation, and boldly went where no one had been before, and it certainly wasn't due to white privilege either. Fought hard for his dreams, didn't always get them, but never quit fighting nor dreaming. I salute him as as a good Christian, a good soldier, a good statesman, a leader into the future and as a good American. May God grant us all such a good life and may our children try to emulate his lifestyle and not that of the latest rock star.

7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

John Glenn was one of my heroes - until he became one of the driving forces behind the Gun Control Act of 1968.

rockriver, Sgt Nambu, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  9. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  10. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

He once said “I got in on this project because it was probably the nearest to heaven I’ll ever get, and I wanted to make the most of it.” Well I think that he made it. God Bless.

11. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

One year I scored real well at Christmas and got the GI Joe space capsule. It came with a small record of the entire first flight from countdown to splashdown. I can't tell you how many times I listened to that record!

They still make 'em pretty good, but the first guy to strap himself to the top of a bomb pointed at the most hostile environment and hit the go button has to have had the biggest pair in history. How the hell did he walk with a pair like that?

ghrit, Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

(Clears Throat)...... Marine.

Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Crap. Born with 'em. Marines can't make them (tho' they might make 'em harder.)

15. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

:(

16. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Back in the old corps, DIs were issued little manual inflating machines that they could blow into to make recruits' balls bigger. They discontinued the practice about the time cameras were invented, for obvious reasons. Now if you want to blow em up, you gotta do your own.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7