Good Morning Monkeys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Patch, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Just thought I would start a daily check in for anyone who is interested. Gives you a chance to drink your coffee, or whatever type of "Monkey Juice" you prefer and get those first thing in the morning thoughts out of your head and into the forum (so that we can all laugh at you for thinking of such things so early in the morning)! Obviously, it is not early in the morning (my time MTN time zone) and I am still drinking coffee and starting to actually have thoughts. foosed

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And what are we drinking,Brand?

Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and SB21 like this.
  3. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

I prefer MJB coffee but the price has forced me to switch to Folgers. With 3 adults in the house, two of whom working differing hours and my sleep issues, there is also a pot of coffee on.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Likker seems to help with my sleeping issues. The VA doesn't like it , but I just don't answer that question anymore. They don't seem to get the point,,,if you know you're not going to like the answer , why ask the question .

5. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

I've been sober since 2005. It doesn't matter what answer you give the VA, they don't like it. God forbid the VA give you a prescription for Tylenol, so that you don't have to pay for OTC Tylenol. Might have a problem with pain killers...........

6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yep I've got more pills in my cabinet from the VA in the last 4 years , than I've had in the previous 30 years before the VA..

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Dang, I feel weird now....no pills, no likker (well, none opened ;) ) but morning coffee is imperative to others' well-being !

Oh yeah...brand...PJ's Coffee, Carnival Blend(y)(y)

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Don't get between me and my morning Coffee. :cautious: Home roasted, my blend.

Grandpa Patch and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Tea. Plain old, black, English-style, breakfast tea...2 cups, and no more and no less. With a drop of milk, of course.

Grandpa Patch likes this.
  10. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Good morning, afternoon now, to all you monkeys. Grandson kept me up most of the night. Little man was throwing up followed by the dry heaves. I know the dry heaves suck. He's only 2 1/2yr so it was not only hurting but scared the shit out of him, once quite literally.

Anyways, thought I'd drop a quick note a check in to say that I've been reading and learning since I've been here and trying to make sure that I click "Like" on almost every single post and thread that I have been reading. If I have missed a few likes here and there, don't take it personally, it probably means I was so busy absorbing information that I just kept reading down the thread and the next post.

So this is my thought(s) for the day. 1) I still haven't figured out where the right forum is to post my EDC thread. 2) I am glad I joined survivalmonkey.com, as it really is a friendly place with a wealth of good information.

11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Hope the little guy gets over his bug soon. No fun for any of the parties involved.

Glad you are finding interesting reading...dont forget the search function for other items that could me to mind. Or ask :)

EDC could go under Firearms or Functional Gear and Equipment...that's the order I would choose.

Again, welcome!

12. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC the best thing you can do for dry heaves is get as much water as possible into your gut...

gives ya something to heave up and cleans you some... can be a problem gettin the water in between heaves though...

13. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

14. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Good morning Monkeys! Morale and tempers are going downhill in my house quickly as my wife and son have also come down with this cold bug. So, now it is 2 adults and 1 grandson who all having it coming out of both ends and sometimes at the same time. The only effect on me has been lack of sleep while dealing with everyone else's shit. In my grandson's case, quite literally. So, my thought for the day is...Survival Medicine and 'home remedies'. Yes, everyone is keeping hydrated, as they are throwing it up ( or letting a brown stream of water run out the other end) almost as fast as they can consume it.

techsar likes this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Don't forget to include some form of electrolyte replenishment...that much fluid loss tends to flush the body...no pun intended!

Also remember to take care of yourself...

16. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Good morning Monkeys! I spent some time reading the articles and past posts last night. Even though some of the threads are dated, the information, mindset, gear and ideas are still good. So, my thought this morning is to say THANK YOU to all of the monkeys (members) who have contributed their knowledge, perspectives and counter points (arguments for or against) to the outstanding posts and threads.

17. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

a sealed bucket of the 1lb containers of dried fruit juice powder should be part of your pandemic supplies - good base for concocting a DIY electrolyte formula - especially important if you have kids involved ....

Grandpa Patch and BTPost like this.
  18. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Good morning Monkeys! Another day of great reading for me yesterday! This place is a great resource of information and perspectives. Also, the 'bug' that was running through the house seems to have disappeared, as no one threw up yesterday. My thought this morning is......MORE COFFEE! I hope everyone has a great day.

19. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Good morning to all the Monkey hanging out on this survivalmonkey.com tree. My thought this morning is GAS. No, I didn't have any good foods last night. I'm thinking about every who has posted about their BOV (Bug Out Vehicle). I have seen many posts referring to caches for their trip if they need to utilize their GHB (Get Home Bag) and use differing routes, etc, etc. What I haven't seen (or just haven't found) is anything about GASOLINE. Are your BOL's (Bug Out Location) close enough that 1/2 of a tank of gas will get you there, leaving enough gas to return after the situation is over with? Do you keep an extra can (or more) of gasoline for your trip to your BOL or do you have gas storage at your BOL?

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If a Prep'er has thought about a BOV, then they also have thought about the fuel to "Get out of Dodge"... Many keep a SEALED 55USG Drum of Aviation Fuel (80/89 or 100LL) just for such situations.... Or a Drum of Winter Mix Diesel.... Not an issue for Me, as I am the local Fuel Distributer and have Thousands of USG of Diesel #2, #1 and 80/89 in the Tank Farm... and only 5 miles of Roads to drive on...

oldman11 and Grandpa Patch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7