Good news for cancer patients

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Researchers might have found the Holy Grail in the war against cancer, a miracle drug that has killed every kind of cancer tumor it has come in contact with, the New York Post reported.

The drug works by blocking a protein called CD47 that is essentially a "do not eat" signal to the body's immune system, according toScience Magazine[​IMG].

This protein is produced in healthy blood cells, but researchers at Stanford University found that cancer cells produced an inordinate amount of the protein thus tricking the immune system into not destroying the harmful cells.

With this observation in mind, the researchers built an antibody that blocked cancer's CD47 so that the body's immune system attacked the dangerous cells.

So far, researchers have used the antibody in mice with human breast, ovary, colon, bladder, brain, liver and prostate tumors transplanted into them. In each of the cases the antibody forced the mice's immune system to kill the cancer cells.
    Scientists find treatment to kill every kind of cancer tumor | Fox News

Mike, GOG, ditch witch and 7 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That is great news!!! Hope the trials prove this to be the cure folks have been praying for!!

Mike and VisuTrac like this.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If it works the drug companies will buy the rights to it and you will never hear about it again.

ditch witch likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

That is a big fear of many!!
    I lost a close friend this year to cancer. I will be happy the day the common man/woman can be cured!!

Mike likes this.
  5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Very sorry to here about your friend. Lost both grandmothers, two uncles and my mom to it. Drug companies will never release a cure until the profit of treating it is gone.

Mike and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Yard Dart

And I am very sorry to hear of your loss as well!!!!

Mike and Mountainman like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

agreed, they don't want to lose out on the money made from the "cures" they have now.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 6 years ago this June to cancer. Worst 11 months of my life seeing him go through that. My wife lost an uncle about 2 months ago.

Getting this cure out there can't come fast enough.

Mike and Yard Dart like this.
  8. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

this will be approved for human trials and use long after it is too late for a lot of us.....it is heartening to hear though.

oldawg and Mike like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7