Good read!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Jonas Parker, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

Here's a good read from James Dakin's Bison Survival Blog on owning precious metals.

http://bisonsurvivalblog.blogspot.com/

Remember, with precious metals, if you don't hold 'em, (and if they're in a bank safe deposit box you don't hold 'em), you don't own 'em!

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

That is a good read! The guy has an interesting perspective; his quote from today (6/4/08) makes a good point:
    This brings up thoughts that I feel -- even if I've been fortunate enough to buy a couple big-ticket items. Throwing money at the problem isn't an option that I have; a calculated, methodical plan taking into account my "environment" is the best I can hope for.

Anyone surviving TEOTWAWKI will have to work very hard to keep surviving -- unlike the soft life many/I have today.

3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Looks like Mr Rawles read the above quote about "yuppie survivalism" too (see 6/5/08 Survival Blog). I'd have to agree that he's definitely not a yuppie.

Hyperbole can have unintended consequences - even if it's great at helping emphasize a point (e.g. that getting prepared costs big time - whether money or sweat). I don't think too many people here will give up just because they're not rich.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7