1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Good read!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Jonas Parker, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

Here's a good read from James Dakin's Bison Survival Blog on owning precious metals.

Remember, with precious metals, if you don't hold 'em, (and if they're in a bank safe deposit box you don't hold 'em), you don't own 'em!
  2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

That is a good read! The guy has an interesting perspective; his quote from today (6/4/08) makes a good point:
    This brings up thoughts that I feel -- even if I've been fortunate enough to buy a couple big-ticket items. Throwing money at the problem isn't an option that I have; a calculated, methodical plan taking into account my "environment" is the best I can hope for.

Anyone surviving TEOTWAWKI will have to work very hard to keep surviving -- unlike the soft life many/I have today.
  3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Looks like Mr Rawles read the above quote about "yuppie survivalism" too (see 6/5/08 Survival Blog). I'd have to agree that he's definitely not a yuppie.

Hyperbole can have unintended consequences - even if it's great at helping emphasize a point (e.g. that getting prepared costs big time - whether money or sweat). I don't think too many people here will give up just because they're not rich.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary