Good reason to shop at Sears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conagher, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good reason to shop at SEARS
    <HR style="COLOR: #555576" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I wou ld go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    webcenter@sears.com
    1-800-349-4358
    <!-- / message -->

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Cool!... [beer]

3. annie

annie Monkey+++

I will make the effort ! Thanks for sharing. Especially in light of a post that I saw tonight re Uncle requesting that Soldiers return a portion of their Re enlistment Bonus, due to the fact that they had been injured & no longer able to serve ! Which is INSULTING beyond words. annie

4. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Lol, and this is a big surprise to you ? There are many reasons why so many of us are disenchanted with the federal government. This bit of news comes as no surprise to us. No knock against patriots that want to do our country right but..... They all knew who they will be working for.. (federal government). They should EXPECT to be taken advantage of then discarded.

Good to hear that Sears is making an effort at being a good corp citizen. Despite it not being economicly advantagous. I will make a solid effort to spend some of my dollars at Sears. Thanks for sharing that bit of news.

5. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ooops...I knew about this last week...It was posted somewhere else, or I got it in my email....

It certainly made me think a lot more about Sears...and there is a HUGE one here....

Now, I truly hate Malls....but I'll go there.

Thanks Conagher!! [beer]

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

COOL, I manage to go to Sear and avoid the mall at the same time!! How you ask? Just down the street from my house is a Sears Repair Center. I can go shopping there (they have the scratch & dent stuff and the parts I need to repair all the crap that breaks in the home) and avoid long lines at the mall :)

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Very good information on their policy. I will make the extra effort (and they have their own exit door, so I don't have to go through the mall to get to their store).

8. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Interesting info on Sears but I wonder how well KMart treats their Employees as they own Sears or did , since just a couple of years ago they bought them according to what I heard on the news .

If Kmart does still own Sears we seem to have a conflict as Kmart has all but eliminated gun sales in their stores .

I haven't seen pistol ammo there for years now and rifles and shotguns are extremely limited .

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I approach shopping with the same enthusiasm I have for a colonoscopy. However, after properly self-medicating myself, I will definitely make a trip to Sears to spend some holiday dollars.

10. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Thank you for the info, will be shopping at Sears and I sent it out to my email list!!! All 3 of them, not really, 4 ha ha.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7