Goodyear Continue's to Blow!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had this one blow out yesterday while on the way home doing 70ish or so...
    Anyway..I had bought the set from Sam's Club with warranty...
    So i rollin this morning withpapers in hand..Service manager takes one look at the tire and then tells me that they have been having problem's with this model...So i'm like...
    Is there a recall.?..No..I'm told...
    Me..Why not if you know your having problems'...
    Mgr...Goodyear has not issued one...
    Me... Ok,What about a new tire ???
    Mgr. We no longer stock these...
    Me...Well i need a tire and here my warranty !!
    Mgr. We have some different styles that i can put on..just a different thread pattern...
    Me..Put them on...
    Mgr..Ok..Will be awhile..
    Me..I got 7 day's..Get started...
    Mgr.Yes sir...
    Me..Thanks...
    Anyway its a Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2 Tire..Anyone else having problems???
    Goodyear Wrangler AT-D2.JPG

2. testhop

testhop Monkey+

i have made it a rule .
    no stones go on my truck (firestones or bridgestones.
    if thay wont back the tires i wont buy them

UGRev likes this.
  3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I hate to say it, but I only buy Yokohama's. It's the best tire that I can afford.. I don't do goodyear..ever. Had a bad experience when I was in my early 20's.. never looked back.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I pulled the Goodyears off my Wrangler Rev...and installed some B.F.Goodrich A.T.Tires..
    and i must say it helped stabilize the Jeep..a lot better ride...

5. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I'm happy with my Uniroyals :)

6. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

My Tacoma came with Goodyear GSA's. Got about 38k miles out of them so not terrible for a light truck tire but they were for crap traction wise. When I put the BFG KO's on, the truck really became a trail truck. At just about 79k miles now and they need changed out so really only going to get 40k out of them too. Performance isn't even comparable between the two though. If the truck was a true trail truck and never hit the pavement I would consider a set of GY Wrangler MT/R's. Never for a road truck though.

Good friend is a Cooper dealer here in town so I am seriously considering their STT's for my next set.

My car has the Cooper silica based 85k tires on it and I couldn't be more pleased with them. Great handling characteristics and good traction when it was slick this past winter.

Byte

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm glad

That Goodyear don't manufacture condoms.....having a condom blowout will ruin your day as much as a tyre blowout. Believe me...replacing a blown out tyre (if you survive the blowout without injury) is much cheaper than paying for a swollen belly. : O

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My Grand Caravan has Michelins on it. Been fighting a very slow leak in one since I've had it - hoping I can get by til I get a new pair. The Michelins seem to be wearing well, but they don't have as good traction as i would like - too often if i romp on the loud pedal, the front tires spin instead of getting down the road!
    Now coming home from work Friday evening, the left rear was nearly flat! Spare is a 'mini' up under the front seat area, needs to be cranked down in it's pan. Traffic was a bear, as the city was gearing up for a special event that evening. The tire had some air in it, so I limped down to the closest parts store and bought a can of 'inflator/sealer' - it got me home.

Looks like payday, I will be buying a pair of tires..... NOT Michelins!
    I will also carry a mini electric compressor(like I do on the bike) and a can of inflator/sealer from now on!

9. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

A tire shop once told me the reason they call them goodyear is because they a good for a year. I don't have any nor will I.

BWM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7