Google Glass.....

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Was there any doubt it would get here?

I still want Kit the talking car.

ColtCarbine likes this.
  2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

That will interface with bluetooth to your droid and track everything you do, make all of your private info public for police to instantly access, and secretly submit your retinal scan to the national database. Sounds like fun! There is a video about this on the TED talks. Maybe I'll find that and post it...

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'm going to get one to test. See if we can intercept what it sends (tries to) while on my closed network.
    In theory, its a pretty cool idea... the problem is that it's from 'do no evil' Google

gunbunny and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Cool technology we discussed a while back, if we can keep it from being used for malicious endeavors against folks. There is a second video in the link that is hilarious!!
    Google Glass Countermeasures

Silversnake likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Look to the future, where this will be replaced by a cybernetic implant.

enloopious likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Epiphany Eyewear: the not-as-smart glasses you can pre-order today try these.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

As Schmidt speaks of caution, Google Glass gets hacked | Crave - CNET

8. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

A First? Driver Gets Ticket for Wearing Google Glass

It's a tech milestone of sorts. A woman in San Diego has gotten what might be the first ticket for driving while wearing Google Glass. When she got pulled over speeding, the officer also cited her for "Driving with Monitor visible to Driver (Google Glass)," reports Engadget. Cecilia Abadie posted the ticket on Google+ and reached out to anyone who might be able to provide legal advice. The short version seems to be that these kinds of laws remain very much in flux. The Consumerist notes that California bars people from driving if a video screen in the car is visible to them, though it makes exceptions for GPS devices and the like. Would Google Glass qualify? What if it's not on? It's all unclear. The Huffington Post reports that Delaware and West Virginia have legislation in the works to ban drivers from wearing Google Glass, but adds, "It may be time for the courts to decide."

A First? Driver Gets Ticket for Wearing Google Glass - Woman in California might be testing new legal ground

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7