Google: "oops"

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by MbRodge, Apr 20, 2008.

1. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23142859#24053040

Apparently Google has taken pictures of people's homes, even on clearly marked private roads and made them available online along with the addresses and maps to the residences. When sued by one couple Google removed the images and basically said "oops, sorry."

2. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Pretty spooky, my buddy just moved to an area that has this, was able to zoom right down to his front door. This is a big problem and people should be more outraged about it.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

When I Google my local public range with the sat pic - I see MY car in the parking lot!! There oughta be a law..... [ROFL]

They just recently updated their sat pics of my neighborhood - they finally show my house and shed on the property I bought in 2001. Took awhile to get me 'on the radar'. Ah well - it had to end sooner or later.

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ha! My house and shop isn't on there. Yet.

5. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

I can do the same with my parents house...zooms right in, though you can only see the driveway. The house roof is covered by Spruce and Evergreens. So much for being stealthy.

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yeah thanks for reminding me of this. The last image they have of my place is almost 2 yrs. old and the street view wasn't available for my street.

7. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

No problem. Google Earth is sort of a take-work-home kind of hobby for me. ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7