GOP sues to keep 3rd party off of ballot

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Check out Gary Johnson. I like what he says and does. The question is, how can he compete?

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think the bigger goal is to defeat Obummer regardless of your exact point of view in the opposition to his continued regime. A third party just takes away from the vote, that will most likely be given to the GOP if another option is unavailable. This is always the threat, of splitting the vote, and the overall goal failing for all opposition parties to the one in power.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

It's not enough that the GOP cheated to keep Ron Paul from winning or speaking at the convention

I am yet to be convinced that Romney is a better choice than Zer0

TheEconomist, ditch witch and tulianr like this.
  5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Gary Johnson is a fiscal nit-wit.

TheEconomist and Yard Dart like this.
  6. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

The Republican Party and Democratic Party are two flavors of the same product. Embracing one and opposing the other is just playing their game.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We absolutely need a third party option and that takes time to develop. We will need strong candidates with the resources to compete. Ron Paul's foreign policies are his downside and have pushed a lot of voters away from him. My number one goal for this election, is to get the Communist in chief out of office.

8. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

I wouldn't mind going towards a more European system of government where third parties are everywhere. Representation per percentage of group in a region to our bicameral congress.

Example:

100 Senators

If the popular vote goes as such:
    40% Democrats
    30% Republican
    20% Tea Party
    8% Libertarian
    1% Communist
    1% Green

We would get:
    40 Dems
    30 Repubs
    20 TP
    8 L
    1 C
    1G

The parties could then make a majority coalition party and take power. Imagine it like this. The Reps., TP, and L get together and have 58 votes leaving the Dems, Comms, and Greens to 42 votes if they chose to work as one. I like this system.

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. alanz

alanz Monkey+

Makes sense. Libertarians would take more votes from Romney than Obama. Not that it makes a difference.

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to the doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can 'throw the rascals out' at any election without leading to any profound or extreme shifts in policy." - Carrol Quigley

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7