Got A Gun at Home?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Yard Dart, May 19, 2016.

?
  1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Not sure..... gave him the finger and asked to get my issue looked at vs talking.

4. Abstain from answering anything.... Molon Labe!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

ALL insurance companies are betting against you, it is a numbers game. If you pay more in premiums than they pay in claims, they win. If you cost them more than they get from you, it is not in thier best interest to have you as a client. Simple math. So yes, risk factors alter rates, just like taking bets on point spreads.
    My mother was in this field for many years, growing up. You are paying for someone else to take the risks, and for them to do that, they MUST know what they are expected to replace. There are limitations, in place, and general categories (like personal property up to a set amount), but if you can't prove it existed, they will not cover it. Period.

2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Don't why this set me off this morning but I can't stop laughing about it. LOL!! I have this image of the dispatcher eyebrows shooting up through his hairline in shock. I mean, who would say such a thing to the police dispatcher? Oh, yeah, @kellory would, LOL!!!! :) Nutcase...LOL!!!!!

That is an excellent idea. Thank you. I will do that today.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
    kellory likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

And in the reverse, having reinforced concrete roof lowers your rates, have shingles your rates go up. Having poured reinforced walls your rates go down, have 505 siding your rates go up. Have a combo roof line that winds can easily destroy rates go up, have a hip roof rates go down.

In hurricane country metal hurricane straps are now code and a new home may not be insurable without them.

Of course you can pay extra for exclusions which just means the risk is there and the Company will not pay a cent but it does protect the insure-ability of your other property.

Got really bad credit? No problem the Company will just walk away from you as a bad risk.

4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

how do you waterproof a reinforces concrete roof?

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

With Tar, and a Tarp....

VisuTrac and Ganado like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are actually several ways. The best is probably waterproof membrane over load bearing insulation pitched to shed water. Very common on commercial and industrial use. There are also fluid water proofing materials that cure and are impervious, used commonly on lightweight roofs on trailers and mobile homes. They require periodic re-coating. The membrane types can be patched readily.

7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Elastomeric coating, made by major paint companies. SherLastic® Elastomeric Coating
    Elastomeric Paint for Masonry, Stucco, and Brick Exteriors | Behr

To follow the 2 layer requirement a base layer and a second top layer is used by purchasing different colors to ensure full coverage.

But first you use an A+B additive to the concrete which doubles the strength and prevents cracking and the reinforced portion can be steel mesh, synthetic fibers and rebar as needed to meet design requirements.

As it says below, Been there, done that.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Ganado likes this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Coatings , Tar & gravel is the cheapest , But
    many hi rise are a final top concrete that is to special to accept sealer coatings of fiber form to have a secondary seal .
    We are talking concrete high rise constant pour , fly in building like floor to floor built like building cards are death traps in shaky areas .
    Father owned a building high rise commercial company & on constant pours had 3 concrete business working in segments of 24 hrs & all on the same powder so the slump tests all were the same .. , built 1/2 of YVR . Some funky buildings..

Edit spelling Duh

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  10. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

NOOOO! That is too obviously a lie. Better to look confused and answer his/her question with another question:

"Guns? What kind of guns?"

"You know, firearms...pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc".

"Oh, no...I have a glue gun and a staple gun...been thinking of getting a nice pneumatic nail gun too!"

Cruisin Sloth and Ganado like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. CraftyMofo
  3. Matei
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. hot diggity
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. Oddcaliber
  9. Dont
  10. oil pan 4
  11. Oddcaliber