Got another Mossberg.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oddcaliber, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Finally got my latest addition to the family, a Mossberg 500C. 20 gauge pump shotgun. Has a 26" vent rib barrel with bead sight and screw in choke. Definitely used but not abused. Action locks up tight and is butter smooth. The safety works to! LOL. It certainly won't be alone in my crowded gun safe.

GOG, BenP, Alf60 and 5 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Think I have a little Mossberg 410 pump,Finest rabbit shooter I've ever owned !

BenP, Tully Mars, snake6264 and 2 others like this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Great shotguns. I'm a big Mossberg fan.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There is always room for another Mossberg!

5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I hear you! My problem is that I'm running out of room.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

7. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have the moss berg model 935 auto with short barrel and door breacher . It will handle 23/4” up to 31/2” mixed together without any problems. I gave a little over $200.00 when Wal-Mart put them on clearance. It will also shoot low brass without fail.[flag]

8. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Oddly enough I found a couple of "as is" Mossberg 500s at a local gunshop. One was a 500C that was missing the buttstock and had a polychoke barrel (missing the ring though) for $70 and the other was a 500 that the trigger housing was broken and wouldn't lock up the bolt for $80.
    I had the polychoke barrel cut down to 18 1/2" and put a black plastic forearm, pistol grip, and sidesaddle. I had $120 dollars into it and sold it to the gunshop I work at for $150 since we were out of self defence shotguns at the shop. I kept the other one since it cost me $95 to replace the trigger housing. It's now sporting a 24" rifled barrel and black plastic stock set since I sold the rib vent barrel and wood stock set for $100. Now I'm up to five Mossberg 500 shotguns not including the SBS'ed Maverick.

Alf60, Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7