gotoky, secure communications off-grid (similar to Beartooth)

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by hitchcock4, Oct 30, 2017.

1. hitchcock4

hitchcock4 Monkey++

If you have seen the discussion on Beartooth, there are a number of devices upcoming that are similar.
    GOTOKY (seen here GOTOKY. Most advanced private off-grid communication network)
    It has european certification and is seeking FCC certification. Since it uses an "unlicensed" band (915 MHz) it should be able to get that certification from the FCC.
    See the website for details. About 4 days left for this Kickstarter -- which asks for 125 euros (or about $150 US dollars) if you include shipping to the 50 states.

I'm not affiliated with GOTOKY and have only spent 5 minutes looking at it -- so for questions I would suggest that you see the website above. I'm considering supporting that for a pair of them, but have not decided yet.

EDIT: above price is for a pair. If you only get one, make sure you have a buddy that is going to get another. One by itself is of no use. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Will still have the same Range and limitations of the BearTooth devices as they both are Part 15 Devices, and Bandwidth Limits are the same, for Mesh Hops....

sec_monkey likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. William Warren
  3. JA40
  4. ED GEiN
  5. Southbound
  6. bumpshadow
  7. hitchcock4
  8. DKR
  9. Bandit99
  10. Bandit99
  11. DKR