Gotta be more to the story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Opossum clash ends with arrest, dog shot

Associated Press

<!-- begin body-content -->SAN DIEGO - A dispute that began over the capture of an opossum in a residential neighborhood ended with police shooting a Rottweiler and arresting a man after stunning him with a Taser gun.
    A fight broke out in the Talmadge area of San Diego after a resident saw a large opossum running in the area Tuesday and asked a maintenance worker to corral the feral animal, prompting a call to police.
    An officer at the scene shot a Taser gun at one man who became combative, according to police reports.
    The man removed the barbs and fled through a neighboring yard, where a Rottweiler allegedly came at the officer. The officer fired several shots in self-defense, police said.
    The man was found and arrested a short time later. Police said they were evaluating him for being under the influence.
    The dog was taken to an animal hospital. Its condition was not immediately available.
    <!-- end body-content -->

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Let me get this straight, a cop runs through my yard, my dog does his job and attacks him, and the cops shooting the dog is "self defense"?

So if you break into my home, I attack you, you shoot me.... it's self defense?

Bullshit!

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Not in Florida. :)

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In CA, I can see that happening:rolleyes: As backwards and messed up as their laws are, yeah, I could see that happening.

Ryan

5. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I may have lost in the long run, but ANYONE in my yard and shooting my dog will be killed... Period.with a statue of GW Bush sticking out your ass, you will die in a hail of 223 slugs from my window! End of story!

6. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Another grand day and bit of excitement in california. Don't yall want to live here in paradise? :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7